Low fuel pressure Rough idle

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible premium 2018
So I’ve been having an on going issue with a rough idle to the point of it stalling and i brought it into Ford to have them try to diagnose it and fix it and they couldn’t and recently I got a code p008a which is fuel pressure low and I wanted to know if anyone could have an idea what it could be.

2A9B8D1D-2C8F-4364-BB1A-473026596DF2.jpeg

BA566D4A-402C-440A-8B04-D9BDC58A0A1E.jpeg
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel pump or trash in the line, first guess, change the fuel filter ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK,

OP after the car sits, and cold started. Will it start or does it take a couple of tries ?

OP
OP
nicolasfinta1

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
OK,

OP after the car sits, and cold started. Will it start or does it take a couple of tries ?
Cars starts up well every time even during cold starts I do have an issue if I don’t wait after cold starting my car will not move until it warm enough if in gear but other than that no

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Cars starts up well every time even during cold starts I do have an issue if I don’t wait after cold starting my car will not move until it warm enough if in gear but other than that no
That ain't right...

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Auto trans should be check on a warm running car ? Have you cleared the logs, driven then retrieve data. See what the first code seen is.

60K, do you regularly drive with 1/2 full or less, dumping is a few bucks of fuel in, not good for the electric fuel pump.

Where is the fuel press regulator located, pump or fuel rail?

If not in the pump, then it would be suspect, no isolated regulator. Fuel pump is good candidate as the bad actor. A pressure check at the fuel rail should be taken

All guesses are assuming this is an unmolested Mustang.

Low pressure is a supply problem.

OP
OP
nicolasfinta1

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Auto trans should be check on a warm running car ? Have you cleared the logs, driven then retrieve data. See what the first code seen is.

60K, do you regularly drive with 1/2 full or less, dumping is a few bucks of fuel in, not good for the electric fuel pump.

Where is the fuel press regulator located, pump or fuel rail?

If not in the pump, then it would be suspect, no isolated regulator. Fuel pump is good candidate as the bad actor. A pressure check at the fuel rail should be taken

All guesses are assuming this is an unmolested Mustang.

Low pressure is a supply problem.
I checked the auto trans warm I do drive regular with half a tank cause my tank only last 100 miles on e85 I’m not certain if the fuel regulator on the pump or rail i did clear the code and it does just disappear I have gotten a lot of random codes thrown at me including a VCT solenoid code I do see a bit of oil leaking from the vct solenoid

OP
OP
nicolasfinta1

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
my mods list is jlt intake stainless works catless long tube headers an e85 tune and borla attak I had this stalling issue since I the car was stock I have videos of the issue it sometimes even stalls with no codes insight
Sponsored