Rough Idle

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I need some suggestions on my EB. I've had my Ecoboost since fall of last year. It has idled rough since I bought it. I put an intake on it recently and it still idles rough. When I say rough I can watch the tach jump up and down (not a lot but you can see it.) I've taken it to the dealership a few times and everything checks out (I even got them to check the plug gaps.) This time when I took it over for an oil change they found a few metal shards in the oil when they changed it (12k miles on it) They said it's not really normal and the gentleman said I need to take my intake off or it will void the warranty if I have a problem. I don't know if I should be panicking or not but the rough idle is driving me crazy. Suggestions on what I should do?
Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I need some suggestions on my EB. I've had my Ecoboost since fall of last year. It has idled rough since I bought it. I put an intake on it recently and it still idles rough. When I say rough I can watch the tach jump up and down (not a lot but you can see it.) I've taken it to the dealership a few times and everything checks out (I even got them to check the plug gaps.) This time when I took it over for an oil change they found a few metal shards in the oil when they changed it (12k miles on it) They said it's not really normal and the gentleman said I need to take my intake off or it will void the warranty if I have a problem. I don't know if I should be panicking or not but the rough idle is driving me crazy. Suggestions on what I should do?
Some metal particles in the oil is normal for a brand new engine. It's simply the result of the engine breaking in.

Cold air intakes will change the volume of air entering the engine at idle, which can result in a rough idle condition due to the PCM seeing unexpected airflow and attempting to compensate for it. Switch the air intake back to stock and see if the condition changes.

OP
OP
bluefirestarter

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
Thanks! I'll swap it back soon as I can and let you know what I find out.