Lost FOB?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Lost my fob yesterday. Had it to remotely start the car to cool down. Got in it and drove home. Got home and unpacked everything and tried to lock it by hitting the inside lock button and closing the door. Wouldn’t lock. All it did was flash the lights and sound the horn twice! Thought this was the indication the key was still in the vehicle but we were unable to find it after searching for over an hour. Eventually went inside and got the second fob and used it to lock it up.

Guess my question is if the key is actually in the car, why did it lock with the second fob. I’m at a loss and we have searched that car top to bottom and front to back.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is,

:cwl: Had to cool the car down, to drive..

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Lost my fob yesterday. Had it to remotely start the car to cool down. Got in it and drove home. Got home and unpacked everything and tried to lock it by hitting the inside lock button and closing the door. Wouldn’t lock. All it did was flash the lights and sound the horn twice! Thought this was the indication the key was still in the vehicle but we were unable to find it after searching for over an hour. Eventually went inside and got the second fob and used it to lock it up.

Guess my question is if the key is actually in the car, why did it lock with the second fob. I’m at a loss and we have searched that car top to bottom and front to back.
I would maybe guess its an extra precautionary measure Ford has implemented in the new mustangs?

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Yes, the key is still in the car. You wouldn't have been able to drive away if the fob wasn't in the car, even if you remote started it.

The fob will lock the doors even if a key is inside, but touching the door handle will not lock (or if it does it should unlock immediately).

The Key is in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

It's probably under the drivers seat perfectly under the tracks hiding. Been there done that.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You will need this device to find it. On the bright side you can also find some ghosts with it too! :like:

1602254036181.png

Seriously though, it is probably hiding under the seats as someone else mentioned or maybe under the trunk liner. You will find it eventually...good luck!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
We have certainly plowed this field before. My money says it's in the driver seat between the bottom and the back cushion.

h-eat popcorn.gif

Anyone got a beer?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase