Loom recall

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Just got back from my local dealer.....they confirmed my car already has the mod done.. Car was an early Dec 2015 build....:):D

Off to Holland next week:headbang::thumbsup:
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Just got back from my local dealer.....they confirmed my car already has the mod done.. Car was an early Dec 2015 build....:):D

By them - or before it left the factory?

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB

Nice one. Mine was built mid-Jan, so should be OK, but checked on ETIS and the field service action is there.

Suppose I'll book it in, but given my local dealer may have gone into administration, I'd rather not have it in the workshop and they lock up with it inside!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
By them - or before it left the factory?
Before it left the factory....

I bought my car from Stoke, but the letter said you can go to any Ford dealer, so I went to my local one, whom aren't a Mustang store (but I'd prefer to go to them anyway)

They had instructions on what to look for, and said it'd already been done:) I know that Stoke didn't do it, so it must have left the factory that way...

Contrary to many folks experience, my local Ford (non Mustang) dealer have been great at ordering parts, and providing info, so I'm inclined to stick with them....

They've agreed to service the car, and have said they will do any warranty work, as long as it doesn't require special tools or knowledge of the mustang...

They also informed me that if I go to them for annual service, they will extend my Ford Assure Breakdown cover for as long as I go to them, up to 10 years, including European cover:)

Oh and they did the inspection whilst I waited....took half an hour..:)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Before it left the factory......:)
Brilliant, thanks.

They also informed me that if I go to them for annual service, they will extend my Ford Assure Breakdown cover for as long as I go to them, up to 10 years, including European cover:)
All Ford dealers should give you 12 months Ford Assure Breakdown with any service.

Oh and they did the inspection whilst I waited....took half an hour..:)
That's what I want.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Well, went and dropped off my car at TrustFord Ashton in Bristol to have the work carried out this morning.

The courtesy car that was arranged was ready and waiting. While sorting out the paper work, I asked the question regarding whether this wiring loom issue is different to the original as my car was already done (quick inspection under the hood confirmed it). The lady wasn't sure so she popped off to ask the question.

I can confirm that the recall is in addition to what has already been done and a new clip is required to hold the loom.

"Sorry sir, we don't have any of these in and will take 3 days to order and receive them"... WTF :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

"We'll have to rebook you in"... WTF :shocked::shocked::shocked:

What a colossal waist of time!!!:frusty:

I work for a relatively large company and its always drummed into us how important communication is (especially to our customers). Think Ford can learn a thing or two (@Andy Barratt looking at you here)

My advice to anyone having to do this, give the dealer a quick call to make sure they have the parts already in so that you too don't waist you time.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Anybody else found that whilst a service can be booked at a few days notice; "warranty work" i.e. booking in for a safety recall has a six week lead time. Think Ford group can do a service from this Thursday; safety recall earliest appointment available 8th Nov :shrug:

Must be a hell of a lot of warranty work going on :eyebulge:

Edit: so to be clear you can't have warranty and service done at the same time.

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Been waiting 9 days on them ordering in some silver foil and tie wraps for a job that probably won't need done...

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Been waiting 9 days on them ordering in some silver foil and tie wraps for a job that probably won't need done...
I note some people are being told this is a new recall. However, when I tried to book my car in for the latest loom recall I was told by my local FordStore that this was the same recall as the previous one (already fixed on my car in May). So yet again it seems like we're getting inconsistent information from Ford and the dealers.

FFS Ford! ..... is this a new recall or not!?

If my car goes up in smoke in the coming months due to ANOTHER Ford f:censored:ck up I will be most displeased.

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
My dealer says the Loom Recall is a 'Rework' of a clip plus additional foil. Looking at my car, it 's the 'offside' grey clip all-ready mentioned holding the harness.
A 'master-tech' has to do Recall Work apparently, not a regular 'service-monkey' hence the difficulty in making a reservation.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My dealer says the Loom Recall is a 'Rework' of a clip plus additional foil. Looking at my car, it 's the 'offside' grey clip all-ready mentioned holding the harness.
A 'master-tech' has to do Recall Work apparently, not a regular 'service-monkey' hence the difficulty in making a reservation.
The dealer I'm speaking to isn't even a FordStore...

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
The dealer I'm speaking to isn't even a FordStore...
Likewise.....I took mine to my local dealer, whom seem far more clued up than the Ford store:shrug:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alternator side, main loom from battery going down, clipped up and foil, done in February
2016-09-27 19.49.01.jpg

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
Anybody else found that whilst a service can be booked at a few days notice; "warranty work" i.e. booking in for a safety recall has a six week lead time. Think Ford group can do a service from this Thursday; safety recall earliest appointment available 8th Nov :shrug:

Must be a hell of a lot of warranty work going on :eyebulge:

Edit: so to be clear you can't have warranty and service done at the same time.
Weird. I've just booked my GT in for its first service and the warranty recall work done on the same day (11 October). They seemed quite happy to do this, and could have done it earlier save I asked for a courtesy car and they didn't have any available. Guess it depends on the dealer! :shrug:

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Had my letter about 2 weeks ago, called local dealer and booked in for a week later. Had this carried out last Thursday, all done within an hour.

My car was a Jan 16 build and I took delivery march 16, the car had the original loom mod on it when picked up and has had further added. Absolutely no problems with the dealer.
Sponsored