Sponsored

Loom recall

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I got a recall letter today about the loom recall. I thought this was all over and done with. Cars upto a certain date had the recall and after that they were fixed on the line? If your car was in transit before the production line fix, the dealer was supposed to sort before pick up.well i guess not. but if not, why has it taken Ford over 5 months to realise i am driving around in a car that might catch fire?
Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I got a recall letter today about the loom recall. I thought this was all over and done with. Cars upto a certain date had the recall and after that they were fixed on the line? If your car was in transit before the production line fix, the dealer was supposed to sort before pick up.well i guess not. but if not, why has it taken Ford over 5 months to realise i am driving around in a car that might catch fire?
Had the same letter through today also, despite my car having already been into the dealers and the work done ....... could be a typo - perhaps the letter was meant to say 'underseal recall' rather than 'wiring loom recall'? :D

OP
OP

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Had the same letter through today also, despite my car having already been into the dealers and the work done ....... could be a typo - perhaps the letter was meant to say 'underseal recall' rather than 'wiring loom recall'? :D
Spoke to the dealer, who said they wanted the car for half a day, and i have to pay for a loan car! i dont have half a day free for them any time soon, but as it hasnt burned to the ground in the last 5 months, i doubt it will any time soon. They cant be too bothered either as the first day they could do it was nearly 2 weeks away. If it turns out to be another Ford mistake i wont be surprised.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Odd it's this late; when free take it back, otherwise heat proof tape the thing up as a temp fix until you have the time too.

I think ford have just sent an open letter out.. guess they don't want a galaxy note 7 to occur to the Mustang ;)!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Just booked mine in....20 mins inspection, done whilst waiting:)

Then if work is required, they'll have to order the parts and re book another date.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I got the letter today as well.

Honestly sounds like another cock up. Will have to take it in anyway just incase.

What a pain!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

They did mine so be interesting to see if I get a letter. If I remember correctly they use some fancy silver heat resistant cable wrap and then some cable ties.

I also found even after this the cables still rested against manifold, never melted or set on fire, but just well seemed rather stupid.

So I removed the air box and well bent all the cabling to make it rest against the cars bodywork and not the hot manifolds. :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got my invite to the 160 mile wild goose chase...

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Got mine too - but as it's a '16 build I thought the mod had already been carried out on the line?

Will have a poke about to see what's there.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Odd it's this late; when free take it back, otherwise heat proof tape the thing up as a temp fix until you have the time too.

I think ford have just sent an open letter out.. guess they don't want a galaxy note 7 to occur to the Mustang ;)!
I had a blasted Galaxy Note 7 on order, what a pain
now reading today the Edge 7 caught fire yesterday in Essex.
that's my 2nd choice

:frusty:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
now reading today the Edge 7 caught fire yesterday in Essex.
that's my 2nd choice

Crazy, no idea how; I have an s6 and no issues so far, little brother has a regular S7.

Granted, the cases of this are few and far between apples bent gate... anyway ;)

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
[MENTION=18440]stiggy[/MENTION], im pretty sure after a build date of around nov/dec 2015 this issue was resolved, i remember being told by the dealer the issue didnt apply to mine and was ok, probably another way for them to void warranties if you can't be bothered taking it back.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

Yep I received mine in August and now have to send it back next week, in the meantime Im being told not to use it! :tsk: I think networks are giving £50 as compensation.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
@stiggy , im pretty sure after a build date if around nov/dec 2015 this issue was resolved, i remember being told by the dealer the issue didnt apply to mine and was ok, probably another way for them to void warranties if you can't be bothered taking it back.
That's what I thought. I'll book it in anyway. At least I can have a moan at them about the underseal ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep I received mine in August and now have to send it back next week, in the meantime Im being told not to use it! :tsk: I think networks are giving £50 as compensation.
My guess maybe another caught fire; therefore ford sent the letters out.

Or it's fords pragmatism and timelyness coming into it again.
Sponsored