Sponsored

Looking to Purchase Headers and Midpipe (w or without cats, doesn't matter).

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT; 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Looking to purchase headers and midpipe for my current build. Its an MT-82 21' GT (Not that it matters, other than potential cooling lines for the A10 not being in the way). I have the MBRP Race Cat Back exhaust.

My question is fit and finish. I don't have any idea what to look for. My current exhaust is "necked down" to clamp into the stock exhaust clamps into the cats.

I already have purchased tuning from PBD to get the tuning done, that isn't an issue.

Has anyone had this exact scenario before? What headers should I purchase? (Cost isn't a huge issue. However, I do not want to spend more than $2k for everything)
Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Looking to purchase headers and midpipe for my current build. Its an MT-82 21' GT (Not that it matters, other than potential cooling lines for the A10 not being in the way). I have the MBRP Race Cat Back exhaust.

My question is fit and finish. I don't have any idea what to look for. My current exhaust is "necked down" to clamp into the stock exhaust clamps into the cats.

I already have purchased tuning from PBD to get the tuning done, that isn't an issue.

Has anyone had this exact scenario before? What headers should I purchase? (Cost isn't a huge issue. However, I do not want to spend more than $2k for everything)
Hey Joe! Great question man. One that I personally get alot. So, there are different connects offered based on brand, application etc.. a "factory connect" which is basically what you're describing, where it necks down to that bolt up point to the factory exhaust. And there are "performance connects" offered, basically a 3in diameter. Generally speaking, Both Texas Speed & Stainless Works/Stainless Power offer a great solution in all types of varieties. If you'd like, feel free to message Tom@lethal or myself and we can definitely find you the best solution!

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Kooks, great quality, great primary tube clearance. No vibration for false knock.
I have a set for sale listed on the forum classifieds.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I'd say Kooks and Stainless Works are going to be your best bet. Everything from us is catted now though because of emission laws..

-Josh

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
ARH and Kooks, quality build and spot on fitment.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I was going to go with Stainless Power but they were back ordered when I was ready to buy. So I bought a set of TSP instead. They look and fit great. A shop did the install and they said it went about as well as any other header install they have done. For the price and fitment you can't beat TSP or Stainless Power. But really you could pick any brand and you'll have a good set.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
But really you could pick any brand and you'll have a good set.
I would say avoid the 2M /Ebay brands. Seen too many quality and fitment issues. Don't get me wrong someone could get lucky with those, as some members on here have, but it's a crapshoot and just couldn't personally recommend.

Not2Day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
Ultimate headers on mine. Fit was great, install was not horrible.