Sponsored

Looking to buy soon

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Ok first a bit of info. I have been lurking for some time absorbing all the good info from this forum. I was on the fence of buying a Mustang or go back to the V6 Genesis Coupe which I had before and loved. I know V6 vs V8 here but I wouldnt have the Mustang on a V6. I am weird I know :p I finally took a test drive today, it was a white GT premium with auto trans with 3:15 dif. I want a 3:15 mainly because of mostly highway riding as daily commute so I want the RPMs to be low for better mpg and to save the extra $$ on the 3:55.

The bad:
- I wasn't impressed with the 3:15. It felt like it needed some push to get going or somewhat slow to respond when hitting the gas. Not underpowered by any means just missing something. Hard to describe. I drove all the time in normal mode and full auto (no shifters) so that could be a factor. I just wanted to drive it like I normally would to get a good feeling for it. It was a 15 minute drive on city and highway.
- You can feel that weight when making a turn but of course I am comparing it to my light Subaru BRZ that is made for cornering although completely underpowered. If you come from a bigger / heavier car this might not be noticeable. I am sure I will get used to it fast enough.

The good:
Everything else. Love the design, seats, electronics, how smooth the transmission shifts, the heated / cooled seats, and oddly enough how quiet the exhaust is when it needs to be. Even though I'm 5'7" I felt comfortable in the car and visibility was never an issue. It has power rear view mirror so a mirror tap to install my Red Line radar detector will be easy. I have this set up in my BRZ and love no having wires hanging around to power the detector. This car was white and didn't tried to get it as I am not a fan of white cars although I must admit this car looks good in white.

The dilemma:
I have a $ 2k negative equity in my Subaru so I am trying to fight for a better pricing so I don't blow my budget. These BRZ are depreciating faster than I could imagine :headbonk: and since I didn't have the x plan it looks like MSRP was my only choice here. Mustangs are selling fast in Jax so dealers are not doing much negotiation. So I just got my American Mustang Club membership today after trying to negotiate with the dealer and my x plan pin but it will depend on whether my dealer will take it without proof of membership or not. I know there is that 60 days waiting period but who knows. I will find out on Monday since they are trying to find me a car on my color choice and options.

Meanwhile I will keep drooling at the awesome reviews and pictures.

Cheers
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is no 60 day waiting period. You have to have at least a 60 day membership to be eligible. You probably bought a 1 year subscription which means you satisfy the requirement.

The car feels like a dog probably because of drive-by-wire. The gas pedals in almost all cars nowadays are tuned to give better fuel economy. It's terrible. Makes the car feel very slow and unresponsive until you basically floor the thing and even then there is a delay. Nothing a tuner can't fix.

Compared to your BRZ this is a big car and it will feel like it.

OP
OP

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Oh got it. That is nice to know about the membership I missed read that part. Yeah I know it is a big car but nothing I can't get used too. Thanks for the info.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Next time you test drive one, put it in Sport mode -- it changes the mapping for the throttle and makes it seem more responsive.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
And sign up for EAA.ORG and get 750 off certificate good until 1/3/15.