Sponsored

I have to buy another one soon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 vert
So after I sold my 15 vert last year in the fall, I find myself turning my head every time I see a new one on the road. What the hell, the murano sucks balls, I want my toy back !
So I'm in the market to buy another one soon, but I am not 100% if I should get another vert or go for the fastback. My vert was the V6, no track days and the power was plenty for my GTA Ontario driving. But now there is no more V6 and I am totally in the dark about the 2.3T - I am either getting that or the V8 fastback.
How reliable is the 2.3? I plan on getting the AT on either of them and keep it for 5-7 years. This will be probably be over to 250.000km after the 7 years.
I had fun with the vert, but it seems the V8 can put a smile on your face without any issues.
This will be my daily driver. I will commute with it all seasons and I do take into account insurance and fuel costs as well as initial cost. It will not be a vert V8, too much for my pocket. I can get a really nice discount on it, I know the owner of the dealership.
There will be no modding besides rims, tires, tint.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Go for the fastback. If you're like me, you love the silhouette of the roof line the fastback has. As for V8 or Turbo 4, I had a V6.....get the V8. Yes gas mileage is worse, but not significantly. The fun factor is MUCH more! No regrets.

Last edited:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure one would a vert for a daily driver especially in Canada but that's jut my opinion.

I have loved my 2016 ecoboost ever since I bought it new, great power for a 4cyl turbo plus one can get the warranted Ford performance tune and add another 100hp for even more fun.

I now have almost 22,000 miles on it and never one glitch engine wise yet.

My a/c evaporator did go out and was replace under warranty, common problem in hot states, my home state of Florida would qualify, lol.

TC

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I had an '18 Ecoboost vert auto rental in Florida for a week. While not quite on the same level as the GT performance wise, it's still a fast fun car. I still prefer a manual, but the 10 speed lives up to the hype. I beat on it pretty good and still got 27-28 mpg. Looks like you will do quite a bit of driving. The Ecoboost is going to get considerably better gas mileage, and be a little easier on the pocketbook. Personally, I think you would be happy with either one.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 17' hardtop 5.0 with a tune. I get 23-24 mpg on highway cruising approximately 80. I'm sharing this so you can compare with the ecoboost mpg. If you were fine with a V6, then maybe an ecoboost will be good for you.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have a 17' hardtop 5.0 with a tune. I get 23-24 mpg on highway cruising approximately 80. I'm sharing this so you can compare with the ecoboost mpg. If you were fine with a V6, then maybe an ecoboost will be good for you.
The Ecoboost would have easily been in the 30's cruising on the highway. It was mixed city and highway playing around quite a bit with the different driving modes and not taking it very easy quite a bit of the time. My GT on my first tank of gas with mixed city and highway driving and quite a bit easier driving is only showing 18.7. There is definitely a noticeable increase in mpg with the Ecoboost.

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
Convertible V8 w/ active exhaust - my daily driver in Michigan and it works! I just cannot imagine not to drop the top.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Best way is really to go for a test ride in both driven the way you daily drive. The gt is awesome when you run it in the high rpm range but a bit sluggish is stock form in the lower daily driving rpms. The ecoboost is actually a little more zippy from 2000 to 3500 rpm range. I was sure I wanted the Gt. Still do, but for daily driving the ecoboost is really quite fun especially with sporty suspension. I just was bummed the gt doesn't have the short shifting grunt I was hoping for. But it is still hard to get over having a 4cyl mustang though. The extra 10 grand just wasn't worth it to me.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I was gonna say that I had the perfect solution: buy my immaculate 2016 Ruby Red V6 Coupe with only 2,469 miles on it (full details here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99891). It is essentially a gently broken in new car with 15 months left on the bumper-to-bumper warranty. But then I realized you were in The Great White North.:)
Anyway, if you have any interest, PM me.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Lol I have a murano too, muranos are decent rides but they all suffer from the horrible cvt issues, even the new ones crap out. Luckily I got mine dirt cheap and is just a backup.
Sponsored