Looking to buy another 15 GT down the line and want to get opinions

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Just curious on your guys thoughts on the different trim levels of of the GTs. I had one before and had to get rid of it because I'm going to be going to Alaska so I decided to just get a cheap 4x4 to last me until I'm through up there. Plus I'm getting married in a couple months haha but luckily I'm marrying a Mustang lover like myself. But anyways, I'm just curious what you guys thought was the best bang for your buck trim level for the GT (Base, Premium, premium performance pack, etc.) I want to get an auto this time because I hear they are better for the strip as I want to actually take this one to the drag strip. Plus remote start sounds like an awesome thing to have [emoji23]. The thing I didn't like about my base MT82 GT was the fact that there was a lot of stuff I would find that was Premium Performance pack only which would get aggravating. But anyways I've rambled on enough haha lets get this discussion started ;). If there is anything else you want to know please let me know. I'll gladly answer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Depends what you want. Some people want all the extra technology bullshit. Some of us prefer the base model. I bought my car to go quick and race. Not for the extra lighting and fancy radio.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Bang for the buck would be base. No performance pack on automatic. If you are looking to go fast you don't need leather and tech goodies.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
GT Premium with every available option including the 20 inch wheel package. And also, make it black!

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Inb4 1000 opinions

Just go with your gut op

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Is this your daily driver? I got the 50th anniversary package manual and didnt ge the PP, its perfect for a daily driver

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
If it's going to be a drag car only then don't get premium and unless Ford decides to make the PP for auto's too then you can get that for the better brakes. Honestly it's annoying that they don't offer it in the first place for GT owners. Pure performance guys go with auto anyways so it's dumb when a 'performance' pack doesn't apply to the fastest transmission.

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Yes this will probably be my daily. I loved how the one I had drove. It might end up with either twins or a centrifugal. I want it to both be aesthetically pleasing and performance oriented.

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
If it's going to be a drag car only then don't get premium and unless Ford decides to make the PP for auto's too then you can get that for the better brakes. Honestly it's annoying that they don't offer it in the first place for GT owners. Pure performance guys go with auto anyways so it's dumb when a 'performance' pack doesn't apply to the fastest transmission.

I completely agree. I mean me personally this won't be a dedicated track car but it will be used for the track every now and then

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Well you cant go wrong with any gt, for me it was important to have the big screen and it had to be a manual since I enjoy the car so much more,but if the lowest et at the drag strip is important then choose an automatic

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
If you want the best of both worlds find a 2015 50 years limited edition. That'll get you an auto with the PP. If you want bare bones and not worry about creature comforts like leather, screen, nav, etc then get a base GT auto. Bang for the buck is subjective. You will get answers all over the place and have no consensus to go off of because it's more of a personal preference on what you want out of your car.

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Well you cant go wrong with any gt, for me it was important to have the big screen and it had to be a manual since I enjoy the car so much more,but if the lowest et at the drag strip is important then choose an automatic

I absolutely loved my MT82 but I just hear the Auto is so much better and handles power better

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
If you want the best of both worlds find a 2015 50 years limited edition. That'll get you an auto with the PP. If you want bare bones and not worry about creature comforts like leather, screen, nav, etc then get a base GT auto. Bang for the buck is subjective. You will get answers all over the place and have no consensus to go off of because it's more of a personal preference on what you want out of your car.

That's very true I haven't thought of the 50 years edition. I would imagine the base suspension considering it being softer would be better for drag though I hear when you stiffen up suspension your times get worse on the drag strip but better at the track
Sponsored