Sponsored

Looking for that DEEP exhaust note

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
How about the AFE's?

Anyone has experience with them?...seems to sound pretty old school in YT.
Sponsored

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you want deep, nothing beats the Magnaflow Competition. Deep as hell, with none of the rasp of the other exhausts. Sounds awesome, but it does lack a little bit of "bite" when you're really getting on it. It's very smooth sounding at all RPMs. And there is a ton of drone, so be prepared to tolerate the drone or add some J-pipes. This exhaust isn't the right choice for everyone, but I am very happy with it.

OP
OP
AMChief5.0

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Great feedback. I originally wanted to stick to full cat back system and not "mix-n-match." I think, for me, it's a toss up by Corsa Sports and Borla S-types.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Stainless works with H here and it sounds amazing. Everyone that hears it says it sounds bad ass too. You can hear it on the highway and it is tone and not drone with the exception of 55-60ish under load it can get a bit droney but nothing like a set of Flowmasters on an old 5.0.

A buddy has Magnaflow comp catback and I almost bought that but I wasn't a huge fan of the sound at higher RPMs and also not a fan of the overly huge 4 1/2" tips, I think the 4" on the SW looks better. The Magnaflow drones noticeably more than the SW too, price you pay for deep exhaust. Haven't heard the Magnaflow street in person but if it cleans up the sound of the exhaust at higher RPMs and keeps the low end tone it would be a great choice too.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
If you want deep, nothing beats the Magnaflow Competition. Deep as hell, with none of the rasp of the other exhausts. Sounds awesome, but it does lack a little bit of "bite" when you're really getting on it. It's very smooth sounding at all RPMs. And there is a ton of drone, so be prepared to tolerate the drone or add some J-pipes. This exhaust isn't the right choice for everyone, but I am very happy with it.
I have Magnaflow Competition axle-back with stock resonator/x-pipe. I have zero drone. It has the deepest sound I've heard on a S550, especially at idle - I get lots of compliments on it. It is louder than stock, but on the road it is actually fairly quiet but you know it is there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AMChief5.0

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
I have Kooks full system with green cats and H pipe it is way deeper than Corsa Sport that was with Kooks headers, green cats and and the double X. I do miss the scream of the Corsa at WOT. Also Corsa was hands down better in the drone dept than any system I have had, and this is my 4th setup, I think I found the one I will keep in the Kooks.
Honestly, hadn't given Kooks a listen until now. Sounds deep! How's the drone?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You're not too far from us. Come over to the shop, we have a Corsa sport setup that I really think you'll like! Give us a shout if you have any questions!

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Honestly, hadn't given Kooks a listen until now. Sounds deep! How's the drone?
Almost none, I got rid of one system due to drone as I am 59 years old and the drone drove me crazy, not so with the Kooks, even with headers no drone at highway speeds with 3.73 gears.

I can do a vid if it would help.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
H Pipe and Magnaflows should make it pretty deep. Wish companies would make 2.75" or 3" H pipes.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
I have the Roush AB and recently added the Heartthrob H pipe from AM. I love it, the exhaust note is so low and it doesn't have a drone!

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
You're not going to find that sound with this car.

The best I heard was Stainless Works headers and their exhuast, but I wanted to keep my warranty, and that requires a tune. Plus, there's drone out the bootyhole.

Stainless Works catback exhaust with an H pipe also sounds great, but I decided against it, again, due to drone. I take trips in my car and don't want to hear it.

I ended up going with a Ford Racing Sport with an H pipe. It sounds pretty good. Not ideal, but I think you'd like it. Edit: I should add that I got a great deal on it. Used one with 2k miles for $750. I thought it sounded good enough, so I took it.
Say...could you please tell me about you "H" pipe set up with the FR Sport.

I have the FR Touring with the "X" pipe and I want to try it with an H pipe. I haven't figured out the best way to accomplish that though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Say...could you please tell me about you "H" pipe set up with the FR Sport.

I have the FR Touring with the "X" pipe and I want to try it with an H pipe. I haven't figured out the best way to accomplish that though.
You should be able to use any of the cut & clamp H-pipes.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Here is my Solo Perfromance Mach Thunder starting. It's certainly a deep rumble IMO.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ze5Hrvlm-oA[/MEDIA]"]

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I have read quite a few posts on that deep, old 5.0 sound. I have said it before and will say again. You want that "Mustangy" sound that brings thoughts of Foxbody, SN95, Cobra etc., GT500 mufflers with H-pipe wil get you there. There are quite a few members who have this setup as do I. Some have the X. I thought it couldn't be done with this car, until I heard this combo. No drone, low rumble, actually quieter on warm idle.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
This thread is money! I think it convinced me to get the Magnaflow AB 3" Competition Series.
Sponsored