Sponsored

Looking for solution to flowmaster outlaw high rpm tin can sound or alternative

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So my first car was a 2006 mustang GT, straight no cats, h pipe and muffler delete system so you can imagine how great that car sound with that 3V, long story short after a few years I traded it in for my current car a 2016 mustang GT premium, so I’ve been looking for a way to mimic that sound I used to have with my old car or at least get close to it, not realizing that the coyote motors are naturally raspy so I’ve been through about 3-4 different exhaust setups tryna find the right combo and I need some help, right now I have kooks long tube headers, a Roush h pipe and flowmaster outlaw axleback, the mufflers sound great on idle and low rpm up to about 3-3.5k but after that or WOT, my god it sounds like a bunch of cans sparring to get out a bag, man it’s crazy how great it sounds on the low end or but sucks on the high end, on my 2006 the sound was great and deep and muscle all through the rpm range, so I need help to find out if anybody knows a good alternative axleback to get the sound I’m looking for without sacrificing my volume or if anybody has tried better setups? I’m open to suggestions.

exhausts I’ve tried so far:

x-pipe and borla atak: similar to flowmaster (a lot of tin can ish burble)

h-pipe and magnaflow competition series axleback: nice deep tone through the rpm range but far too quiet

so now I’m thinking maybe muffler delete and put some pypes m80 resonators or loudmouth 2 mufflers right behind the h pipe or the slp loudmouth 1s might be a good option, I’m literally searching for any answer
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You're probably not going to be able to duplicate the 3 valve, but the AWE Touring should be less raspy than the Outlaws. Don't let the touring name fool you. It's not a quiet exhaust.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
How is it compared to the Outlaw system though?
You're probably not going to be able to duplicate the 3 valve, but the AWE Touring should be less raspy than the Outlaws. Don't let the touring name fool you. It's not a quiet exhaust.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Bruh wtf, how are you driving that setup without hearing damage? Lmao. The outlaws need to go, they're just muffler deletes. Get a system that's got actual mufflers if you have longtubes. Borla S Type, AWE Touring, or if you must, Borla ATAK. Yeah it costs money, but it is what it is.

Ponykixx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Dynomax race bullets?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Dynomax race bullets?
yea those seem like a good option, right now I’ve also been looking at the Pypes H-bomb car back system since it’s also 3” throughout, or maybe getting a muffler delete like Pypes pype bomb or sr performance, and then putting the m80s or slp loudmouth 2s behind the h pipe

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
Bruh wtf, how are you driving that setup without hearing damage? Lmao. The outlaws need to go, they're just muffler deletes. Get a system that's got actual mufflers if you have longtubes. Borla S Type, AWE Touring, or if you must, Borla ATAK. Yeah it costs money, but it is what it is.
lmao funny thing is that the volume doesn’t bother me at all, it’s just the sound quality in the higher rpm range that’s a little annoying, I used to have a 2006 GT straight piped so I’m used to it 😂

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
so I’ve been through about 3-4 different exhaust setups tryna find the right combo
That's a lot of money to burn. Now your talking deletes , then adding pieces (which add more complexity /weight) to make the deletes sound more deeper blah blah blah. I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
That's a lot of money to burn. Now your talking deletes , then adding pieces (which add more complexity /weight) to make the deletes sound more deeper blah blah blah. I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️
it’s definitely a lot of money yea but when you looking to find the perfect sound for you, maybe it’s gone take a few hundred dollars lost, as long as at the end of the day you are happy with what you got

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
it’s definitely a lot of money yea but when you looking to find the perfect sound for you, maybe it’s gone take a few hundred dollars lost, as long as at the end of the day you are happy with what you got
At the end of the day it took me watching a few videos at American Muscle for comparisons then a couple clicks at Team Beefcake Racing to buy what I want.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tae
Vehicle(s)
At the end of the day it took me watching a few videos at American Muscle for comparisons then a couple clicks at Team Beefcake Racing to buy what I want.
I mean that’s great but I’ve heard a few of them where it doesn’t sound the same as the video, and you gotta think of the different mods you have compared to others, all that adds up to you not gone know how it sounds til you put it on, do I wish I found the perfect sound for me on the first buy? Absolutely but I didn’t, I’m just fortunate enough to have the funds to try different systems but I’m not buying everything either, it takes time, plus I sell the ones I end up taking off, do I lose a few hundred? Of course but at the end of the day, when I find that right combination of exhaust parts to fit my car I’m gonna be 1000% happy and to me that’s all that matters

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
when I find that right combination of exhaust parts
Well not sure if this is your cup of tea but, stock headers / cat delete / H-pipe / SLP Loudmouth II got me that classic 65 Mustang GT350 sound I was looking for.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I mean that’s great but I’ve heard a few of them where it doesn’t sound the same as the video, and you gotta think of the different mods you have compared to others, all that adds up to you not gone know how it sounds til you put it on, do I wish I found the perfect sound for me on the first buy? Absolutely but I didn’t, I’m just fortunate enough to have the funds to try different systems but I’m not buying everything either, it takes time, plus I sell the ones I end up taking off, do I lose a few hundred? Of course but at the end of the day, when I find that right combination of exhaust parts to fit my car I’m gonna be 1000% happy and to me that’s all that matters
Just keep in mind these will never sound as muscle car-ey as a 3valve, but you can get a pretty nice angry and chaotic sound.
Sponsored