Sponsored

Longest time your car was held hostage at the dealer for warranty work?

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Mine has been there since 9/21/21. They do not like when you refer to your car as a hostage and how you can negotiate the hostages release.

Mines there for "cam phasers"....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
better that than doing somethin that ill regert...

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Time for a buyback.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hopefully you have already called the Ford 800# and opened a Case with the Regional Ford CSR.

If not, you should and be certain to request compensation for the time the car has been out of your possession.

In most States, if the car has been at the Service Center for 30 consecutive days OR 30-days within a calendar year, it qualifies for instant Lemon Law Buy Back procedures. That is an option you have, if you bought the car new and if it's an avenue you want to explore.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you have already called the Ford 800# and opened a Case with the Regional Ford CSR.

If not, you should and be certain to request compensation for the time the car has been out of your possession.

In most States, if the car has been at the Service Center for 30 consecutive days OR 30-days within a calendar year, it qualifies for instant Lemon Law Buy Back procedures. That is an option you have, if you bought the car new and if it's an avenue you want to explore.
Yes i have, i have received 1 car payment and free rental so far. One day i may get full story...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I’d never let my car sit at a dealer lot for months. Bad Things seem happen while sitting. Sorry to hear about your issues.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Just got mine back a week ago today. They kept it 33 days to replace a headgasket. I had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment to even take it in. It took 5 days for a diagnosis. Most of the rest of the time was spent waiting on a backorder oil screen.
Communication was mostly in "form letter" texts. You know, "We value you and your patronage and expect your repair to be ready soon, blah, blah." I received 3 phone calls. First was with the dx/repair approval. Next call was to tell me about the backorder parts and finally when it was done.
I didn't feel like it was being held hostage but I absolutely didn't feel like they made any special effort to get the b/o part or cared very much about how long my wait was.

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
One month exactly, not expecting car until January.

New small block and clutch/flywheel (warranty work)

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I noticed my car was not in the parking lot waiting for parts. It appears to be in the sop now for repairs. Anyone know how long it takes to install short block from Ford?

Reactions: Ock

Sponsored

nate20gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I noticed my car was not in the parking lot waiting for parts. It appears to be in the sop now for repairs. Anyone know how long it takes to install short block from Ford?
It took my dealer 2 weeks to diagnose my issue, get a new short block, install it, and hand it back over to me. The issue was a broken crank sprocket incase your curious.

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
It took my dealer 2 weeks to diagnose my issue, get a new short block, install it, and hand it back over to me. The issue was a broken crank sprocket incase your curious.
Damn that's pretty good. Was that this year??

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I get my car tomorrow morning! It's been 7 weeks! I bought the car with a cracked engine, luckily Ford was able to warranty everything. There was a real bad vibration so the dealership thought it was brakes or tires, come to find out it was a misaligned clutch and flywheel with a cracked engine.

This is my first Mustang ever so I don't even really know the true power because when I had the car I couldn't get on it because of the vibration. I didn't want to return the car because I fell in love with it. I'm glad I kept it I'll probably ride this car for a couple years and get a 2024.

I cannot get the car over 6,000 RPMs due to the vibration. This is going to be fun tomorrow! I'm going to baby the car until a thousand miles since I'm getting a new small block.. but I'll still get on it just to have fun
Sponsored

Reactions: Ock