Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Supply & Demand. There was shortage of Mustangs For a number of reasons. Sales were down due to this. The demand was still there.

Dodge had some issues too but not as severe as Ford. There were also some buyers went to the Challenger as a plan b to the Mustang.

Add it all up and it was a very strange and tough year For the car industry. 2022 could be even worse for the Mustang due to impending change to the S650.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Supply & Demand. There was shortage of Mustangs For a number of reasons. Sales were down due to this. The demand was still there.

Dodge had some issues too but not as severe as Ford. There were also some buyers went to the Challenger as a plan b to the Mustang.

Add it all up and it was a very strange and tough year For the car industry. 2022 could be even worse for the Mustang due to impending change to the S650.
Makes sense. And makes me glad I went ahead and got my Mustang in November when I did. I factory ordered and waiting almost 3 months...ironically, only to buy one in dealer inventory that arrived a week before my order, it met my specs except for some minor changes lol I wasn't going to wait another week! I can't imagine having to wait another 6 months for a 2022 the wait is painful

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
fwiw I'd rather be in a world were all the muscle car makers were selling lots of cars and the artificial pressure to go EV wasn't there. There's enough for everyone here. Hard to believe all these car makers a plunging headlong into EV only sales when we really have no decent plan on how to manage or support an EV based transportation network in all countries.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Supply & Demand
Here's the thing. The Mustang is the most AMERICAN by far. IE: Sourced American made components. Whereas the Challenger is mostly sourced from outside the US. So why is it that Ford has a 'supply' issue again ?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Here's the thing. The Mustang is the most AMERICAN by far. IE: Sourced American made components. Whereas the Challenger is mostly sourced from outside the US. So why is it that Ford has a 'supply' issue again ?
Not to just argue... how many times have the major car manufacturers have to stop/shut down production in the last 2 years because of issues created by the pandemic? Not just muscle cars but all kinds. Maybe a part supplier is in the US and maybe their production equipment is parted from China, Thailand or Belguim? then those folks can't get parts to fix them if they need repair? or the raw materials for the parts are on a container ship stuck somewhere? Nothing is standalone in todays multi-connected, ultra-global supply world now.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Dodge offers 2 good looking cars with a more than enough power for most drivers with ALL WHEEL DRIVE. Oh and a rear seat that you don't mind having to sit in.
The bulk of sales are the v6 awd. That is more in line for most drivers than a 4 seater (cough, cough) rear drive good weather car.
Ford will also get outsold in the truck market if they goto a low stock, order your unit business model. Seems ram is movin on up.
I love my stang, but for the guy/gal with kids the dodge is a better fit and not have to drive a mini van or suv, crew cab truck

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
fwiw I'd rather be in a world were all the muscle car makers were selling lots of cars and the artificial pressure to go EV wasn't there. There's enough for everyone here. Hard to believe all these car makers a plunging headlong into EV only sales when we really have no decent plan on how to manage or support an EV based transportation network in all countries.
Well not only that but I want to know where will we dispose of all the batteries safely...
Right now, poor countries serve as trash dumps for the developed world's electronics. I watched a documentary on it once, a city in Ghana itself was the trash dump it looked like an apocalyptic landscape. It was really heartbreaking to see:crying:

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Ford has a good plan, they have great battery technology to jump ahead into real life ownership of an electric vehicles.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

I don't think it was supply and demand. I saw another story saying that there was a good amount more Mustang made than sold. it was more than what was produced just weren't optioned how people wanted. If people wanted a Mustang they could be had. Heck a Ecoboost Hi-Po with handling package has been sitting at my local dealer for months. Its just not an option set that the people looking want.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
king-is-dead.jpg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
"The Dodge Charger will go out with a roar: Direct Connection is returning"
I'm really digging the '22 Challenger Jailbreak car.
Talk about customization. Very nice. But, also very pricey.