Sponsored

Locking Gas Cap?

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Pretty sure this is going to work just fine. What would be different about the 15 Coyote and 14 Coyote fuel filler area that this wouldn't work?
Yeah...they'll "release" one soon....just re-label it as "2015 also"
The bad news is, the 15's don't have a visible FM radio antenna anymore that people will think is too tall and then proceed to buy 2" antennas to be "different" and look cooler. So now maybe you guys will have antenna envy and retro install one.
image.jpg
Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That cap does not fit. I had one left over from my 2012 GT and it would not fit into the neck on the 2015. To get anything into the system, the person would need the funnel from the trunk or already be in possession of one.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Had....

Pretty sure this is going to work just fine. What would be different about the 15 Coyote and 14 Coyote fuel filler area that this wouldn't work?
The bad news is, the 15's don't have a visible FM radio antenna anymore that people will think is too tall and then proceed to buy 2" antennas to be "different" and look cooler. So now maybe you guys will have antenna envy and retro install one.
Had this same locking cap on my 2014 Mustang, and it will not fit on the 2015 Mustang.......

That locking gas cap was a nice cap to....... I miss it.....

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
Definitely won't fit on the 15's. If it did they would have been selling it since the launch of the S550. No reason to hold out on "releasing" it if no changes needed to be made and delay profits.

Sponsored

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
To open the flap you have to push release pins on both sides while pushing on the flap. The fuel nozzle does this for you as it's the right size diameter so a vandal would have to be familiar with the cap less technology.

Also it's a bummer the car got vandalized but 99% of the time you just need to flush the gas tank and change the filter. People making claims it damaged their engine is very rare especially the old "sugar in the gas tank" trick. Suger doesn't desolve in gas and its too large to make it through the filter.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
No. Not even.
In my S197 i had to buy a locking petrol cap, always surprised that Ford never had the petrol cap door lock.
On most cars the door locks

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
The door does not lock, but the flap inside does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
[MENTION=22082]goldengooner[/MENTION], I got nothing against you and mean no ill will... but damn if you aren't the strongest necromancer I've ever met. Don't take this the wrong way.

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2
I called the dealer today and they do not list one for the 15/16 Mustang. They do have one for my 15 Taurus. I will see if it fits the Mustang. Maybe the same filler hole.

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
I hate ford for not making it lock when u lock ur car. I found my gas tank openEd a few days ago. So far nothing happened.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
[MENTION=22082]goldengooner[/MENTION], I got nothing against you and mean no ill will... but damn if you aren't the strongest necromancer I've ever met. Don't take this the wrong way.

hahha
I only got to know about this forum a month back, am on page 64, so tons more yet, and blame TT for telling me, we know each other from the UK forums :D
have to admit, have learnt so much about the S550, also some good laughs on here, some great threads, i'm hooked also for me as I have done road trips all over the USofA I know a lot of places you lot talk about, people tell me I should have been born a yank !! Am a Big fan of the place, love the National Parks, next trip will be to Graceland and a few places near by.
Sponsored