Sponsored

Locking Center Console

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I've had my 2019 Bullitt for about a year now and I just realized it has a locking center console. So when I lock the doors, the center console can't be opened. My question is, what is to keep people from breaking my window, then hitting the unlock switch and unlocking it? I tested without the fob and that works. Is there a way to change it to only unlock with the fob in the car?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The way this reads you just broke the window on your car!?

I assume you left the windows down, opened with the interior door handle, and let the alarm go off while trying to open the center console? This seems the best way to test without breaking a window.

I would hope that while the alarm is triggered just unlocking the doors would not work.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
How did you find this out. Locked your self in the car then tried to open the arm rest. :like:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If someone is willing to break glass to get into a locked car then a locked center console is unlikely to stop them breaking into that as well.

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Never mind. I'm dumb. Here's how the console works for anyone that doesn't know. When you lock the car doors, the center console locks. If the door happens to be open, you can still unlock without the keyfob by using the switches in the door. But once the door is closed, you have to have the keyfob to unlock the doors. So let's say you lock the doors, but forget and leave the windows open. No one would be able to get into the console because it won't unlock with the switch on the door.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
If someone is willing to break glass to get into a locked car then a locked center console is unlikely to stop them breaking into that as well.
Smash and grabs are usually quick. If they have to get a crow bar and pry open your console, it's less likely to happen.

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
How did you find this out. Locked your self in the car then tried to open the arm rest. :like:
I was looking for ways to store a weapon when I can't conceal carry so I was googling. Not a lot of options in a Mustang.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
i didnt know this was a feature on my car.... i pried on that thing for a while and it never budged! also on a side note it did no damage thankfully.
a quick google search and a click of the unlock button and presto open

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I've had my 2019 Bullitt for about a year now and I just realized it has a locking center console. So when I lock the doors, the center console can't be opened. My question is, what is to keep people from breaking my window, then hitting the unlock switch and unlocking it? I tested without the fob and that works. Is there a way to change it to only unlock with the fob in the car?
unless im mistaken if the window breaks it sets the alarm off and i would hope that it wouldnt just unlock with the interior button at that point.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Smash and grabs are usually quick. If they have to get a crow bar and pry open your console, it's less likely to happen.
If you don't leave something tempting in plain sight it is pretty unlikely you'd be victimized by a smash and grab.
I park my convertible with the top down all the time. Just lock stuff in console, glitch e box or the trunk. Never had anything stolen.
For a hand gun I'd get a small lock block to bolt to trunk floor. It's unwise to trust a gun to the console or glove box, locked or not.

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
If you don't leave something tempting in plain sight it is pretty unlikely you'd be victimized by a smash and grab.
I park my convertible with the top down all the time. Just lock stuff in console, glitch e box or the trunk. Never had anything stolen.
For a hand gun I'd get a small lock block to bolt to trunk floor. It's unwise to trust a gun to the console or glove box, locked or not.
I'd rather not have to use a trunk safe, but that's an idea. Anyone know of a small safe that will fit under the seat? I know there isn't much room, but I don't need a big safe.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That was my other thought. It'll probably be a small snub nose revolver. I bet it would fit in that hidden compartment at the top of the glove box.
yeah should try it. Should start carrying mine again. I’ve had my CCW permit for over 10 years and rarely carry the pistol.
Sponsored