Sponsored

[Locked due to politics] Student debt cancelation. Seems there are strong opinions against it from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey Bro, thanks for your service as well...even though its the Chair Force, I mean Air Force....:D

Former 25th ID soldier myself and former Cali Army National Guard as well....
Haha. My first 5 to 6 years yes..what i do now is less "military" even though i am still technically air force. I just only wear a uniform during special occasions. Otherwise its a suit. Rank isn't really as much of a concern anymore either. ;)
Sponsored

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well this I can agree with. My daughter and her husband are both ful time air force and they are both always saying how pie it is.
Yeah I have buddies scattered around the various branches. AirForce buddies never complain haha.
Not the poster but former US Army and Army National Guard 11B Infantryman for 11 years.
Happy late Veterans day brother. Navy here currently in and seeing the "world".

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Didn't get one of those checks.. I did see folks that were not impacted by this covid thing at all get them. .That too ticks me off. Helping those hard working folks that were put out of a job temporarily I have no issue with.. Sending checks to folks that still have their regular job is just plain wasteful and stupid on our governments part. And again, they aren't giving away money they have, it is borrowed from somewhere so your kids and mine will get to pay it off..
I got one of those checks, and guess where it went? To pay my taxes. Ain't that a bitch. Went in my left hand to my right and right back to the Government. Didn't stop at go or collect 200 dollars.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah I have buddies scattered around the various branches. AirForce buddies never complain haha.

Happy late Veterans day brother. Navy here currently in and seeing the "world".
Security forces people complain a lot lol

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The tuition costs have spiked because of the government. Most loans are guaranteed by the Feds, therefore there is no motivation to qualify recipients for credit worthiness, nor is there any caps to keep costs in check. They charge what they do for the same reason dogs licks their balls: Because they can.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
One other thing, I have no sympathy for these student loan companies. Lending money to people who are going for undergraduate degrees with the possibility of not being able to pay them back due to the demand for certain fields. If you are French literary major you're in trouble, not a lot of money in that racket.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Completely different. First I didn't get a stimulus check. Also this was to stimulate the economy as the Govt. made us shut down the economy due to Covid. A lot of us didn't agree with this. We are borrowing money from China and other countries throught the sale of treasuries. This money is going to have to be repaid sooner or later.
Yes but my point politics aside and repayment aside. Im saying those that got one cashed it. even the ones against government handouts is all Im saying.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
One other thing, I have no sympathy for these student loan companies. Lending money to people who are going for undergraduate degrees with the possibility of not being able to pay them back due to the demand for certain fields. If you are French literary major you're in trouble, not a lot of money in that racket.
There is this. Loans should only be made to people who pick a career that actually is relevant and has a rats chance of making money. People should not be allowed to get loans for 8 years of art history.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I got one of those checks, and guess where it went? To pay my taxes. Ain't that a bitch. Went in my left hand to my right and right back to the Government. Didn't stop at go or collect 200 dollars.
Ouch. sorry :(

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well this I can agree with. My daughter and her husband are both ful time air force and they are both always saying how pie it is.
There are desk jobs and non desk jobs in the air force, just like there are desk jobs in the army. Just depends what you do. But yes..the air force does have a good bit of desk jobs. Also has the most college degrees (per percentage).

Regardless..we often deploy together or are even stationed together. Many navy, some marines, and army at my base. My brother's were army. Grandfather..uncle..etc etc navy army marines air force. We've all been one of them. Lol

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey Bro, thanks for your service as well...even though its the Chair Force, I mean Air Force....:D
That's not gonna stand. I was Air Force and its not easy to march with a jet fighter on your shoulder.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That's not gonna stand. I was Air Force and its not easy to march with a jet fighter on your shoulder.
It's all in jest. Air force has many people not with desk jobs too. (My career..pararescue jumpers who are arguably THE most hard-core trained spec ops units..pilots..etc) we are all brothers and all joke about each other. We wouldn't have half the jodies we have if we didnt.

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Security forces people complain a lot lol
Being InPort Security Forces was my favorite time in the Navy. Other than that it has been pretty trash in my experience lol. I know everyone has a different experience.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Being InPort Security Forces was my favorite time in the Navy. Other than that it has been pretty trash in my experience lol. I know everyone has a different experience.
Have to admit, i wouldnt care to be a gate guard in the really cold places during winter.

Thankfully i will never be doing that. Lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.