Sponsored

[Locked due to politics] Student debt cancelation. Seems there are strong opinions against it from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Never said you have student loans. There is many avenues in this country to get an education, but being free shouldn't be one of them. This isn't addressing the amount of an education today, which I think is outrageous especially in todays world in which its all online due to Covid. If you are for the Govt. paying off student loans after you paid yours off I would be outraged that Beijing Biden would even go down this road.
sorry I wasn't talking to you. Somehow it quoted your post. I went back and removed it. sorry.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Because if you go to work for Home Depot it's not likely you'll be sent to some middle east country to get your ascot blown off. Slightly different trade off. And unlike video games, they use real bullets. That really hurt.

Exactly, my son got warning orders for a deployment to Iraq. It will be a 9 mos. deployment. His school, his life everything will be on hold because of this. He isn't even Regular Army but in the Army National Guard. Next someone will say that the Guard isn't the military, but then I retort tell that to the over 600 servicemen and woman who gave their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan serving in the Guard.

My son..so proud of him..

Sean.jpg

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe read the first thing i said in my post and it will answer your question. you took the time to figure out what car I drive but didnt take the time to read the very first sentence were I said I DO NOT have student loans. IM not crying over anything. Im standing up for less fortunate people. I dont have financial problems I am 100% debt free. Ill add though anyone regardless of income buying 1300 iphones is an idiot and needs to make better financial decisions. Not buying this over priced crap is why Im debt free.
yea I went to night school so I don't read well during the day :) ... However I will give you credit for starting a whopper of a thread :)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Agreed 100%, my son is doing SMC (Santa Monica College) and then transfer to UCLA with the ARMY ROTC program. The Army picks up the tab and he gets commissioned as a 2nd Lt in the Infantry if he does real good.

I am a RE agent and Loan Officer. I just closed a loan for a lady who has $100K in student debt to be a teacher, she is working as a clerk at Cosco making $22hr. (not alot in S. Cali), she was offered a job at LAUSD which starts at $80k per year and she turned it down as she doesn't want to teach inner-city kids. So she is saddled with $100k in student loans and works at a Cosco....Yikes!!
Oh hey im a real estate agent in cali too! I often forget that because ive never used my license as im active duty. I did it just to learn. Forgot to mention that in my post. Thanks for reminding me lol

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So everyone here against government help and saying the government should not hand out tax payers money. That everyone should do it for themsleves.... how many mustang parts and tvs and what nots did you buy with that government handout stimulus check that came in your name? I mean did you return it cause you are against government hand outs? Yeah I think not.

If the government said tomorrow heres a check for 10k off your mortgage you would stand up and say no thank you take your check back? I think not.. people are only against the government helping with education if they aren't benefiting from it and dont want others too either.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Exactly, my son got warning orders for a deployment to Iraq. It will be a 9 mos. deployment. His school, his life everything will be on hold because of this. He isn't even Regular Army but in the Army National Guard. Next someone will say that the Guard isn't the military, but then I retort tell that to the over 600 servicemen and woman who gave their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan serving in the Guard.

My son..so proud of him..

Sean.jpg
Hell, ive deployed with many people in the guard. Anyone who says they arent military is just ignorant.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
yea I went to night school so I don't read well during the day :) ... However I will give you credit for starting a whopper of a thread :)
It was my only goal :) I like to get people talking. I also like ot play devils advocate and take the less popular opinion even if I dont myself believe it. If you meet me Im a super nice guy :) I really dont hate anyone at all.

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So everyone here against government help and saying the government should not hand out tax payers money. That everyone should do it for themsleves.... how many mustang parts and tvs and what nots did you buy with that government handout stimulus check that came in your name? I mean did you return it cause you are against government hand outs? Yeah I think not.

If the government said tomorrow heres a check for 10k off your mortgage you would stand up and say no thank you take your check back? I think not.. people are only against the government helping with education if they aren't benefiting from it and dont want others too either.
Didn't get one of those checks.. I did see folks that were not impacted by this covid thing at all get them. .That too ticks me off. Helping those hard working folks that were put out of a job temporarily I have no issue with.. Sending checks to folks that still have their regular job is just plain wasteful and stupid on our governments part. And again, they aren't giving away money they have, it is borrowed from somewhere so your kids and mine will get to pay it off..

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell, ive deployed with many people in the guard. Anyone who says they arent military is just ignorant.

Hey Bro, thanks for your service as well...even though its the Chair Force, I mean Air Force....:D

Former 25th ID soldier myself and former Cali Army National Guard as well....

UnsatOFGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
there is already a free college option join the military!

but in all reality is a degree necessary to make a happy living. No not at all.
I chose to get a degree using my gi bill and am happy with my military choices after it.
,But I paid into the fund I took money from as everyone has to do. 100 per month for 12 months then the govt does whatever they do with money and you get 36 months of college from the deal.

colleges are bloated money machines at this point. I don’t think the answer is pay the colleges all the money and loan forgiveness.

not just that but who told these people you have to have to go to an on campus university and all this other blah blah? Online university or go your first two years at community.
Can college be ridiculously expensive yes. Can you also make it affordable and tailor it to your budget, yes.
Just saying, if anyone looks to join the military for free college and they are reading this, the college isn't free per-say. You work ridiculous hours, suffer mental and physical hardships, and get treated like ass. Now on the flip side if you do choose military. Go Air Force. You'll have an awesome quality of life compared to Navy, Marines, and Army.

What branch were/are you in?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh hey im a real estate agent in cali too! I often forget that because ive never used my license as im active duty. I did it just to learn. Forgot to mention that in my post. Thanks for reminding me lol

Love to get together one day bro!!

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just saying, if anyone looks to join the military for free college and they are reading this, the college isn't free per-say. You work ridiculous hours, suffer mental and physical hardships, and get treated like ass. Now on the flip side if you do choose military. Go Air Force. You'll have an awesome quality of life compared to Navy, Marines, and Army.

Well this I can agree with. My daughter and her husband are both ful time air force and they are both always saying how pie it is.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Completely different. First I didn't get a stimulus check. Also this was to stimulate the economy as the Govt. made us shut down the economy due to Covid. A lot of us didn't agree with this. We are borrowing money from China and other countries throught the sale of treasuries. This money is going to have to be repaid sooner or later.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Never said you have student loans. There is many avenues in this country to get an education, but being free shouldn't be one of them. This isn't addressing the amount of an education today, which I think is outrageous especially in todays world in which its all online due to Covid. If you are for the Govt. paying off student loans after you paid yours off I would be outraged that Beijing Biden would even go down this road.
I got my Degree from Trump University, it only costs me 100 thousand for 4 years. Now I'm questioning if that was a good idea.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Not the poster but former US Army and Army National Guard 11B Infantryman for 11 years.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.