Sponsored

Local retrofitter for RGB drls, halos, projector upgrades!

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
did you install hem yourself - if so can you provide a write up (plus pictures) on how you did it?

so many people want this mod - someone has to find a easy way to replace the crap DRL with the iconic tri-bars one....
I didn't take any photos along the way, but I did exactly what I said I would do here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43133

For wiring I spliced into:
  • Park lights (left YE-GN, right BU-OR) for the park light sense (not needed for DD boards as they don't dim)
  • Park lights (BK-GY) for ground
  • Head lights (GY-VT) for 12v
Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
I didn't take any photos along the way, but I did exactly what I said I would do here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43133

For wiring I spliced into:
  • Park lights (left YE-GN, right BU-OR) for the park light sense (not needed for DD boards as they don't dim)
  • Park lights (BK-GY) for ground
  • Head lights (GY-VT) for 12v
Head lights ????? Did not get that one mate.

or is that DRL into Headlight's Gray and Violet for +12v constant

Thanks

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Head lights ????? Did not get that one mate.

or is that DRL into Headlight's Gray and Violet for +12v constant

Thanks
GY-VT on the headlight loom was a convenient pwr source which is hot in Start or Run so perfect for the DRL.

The attachment might help.

Attachments

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
GY-VT on the headlight loom was a convenient pwr source which is hot in Start or Run so perfect for the DRL.

The attachment might help.
Thanks Frozen

I am using DD RGBWA Boards on mine. So if I splice that controller with GY-VT on headlights will it work, It might sound like a stupid question but I thought better to ask because DD instruction manual says connect that controller with +12 constant.

Any help will be much appreciated thanks

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks Frozen

I am using DD RGBWA Boards on mine. So if I splice that controller with GY-VT on headlights will it work, It might sound like a stupid question but I thought better to ask because DD instruction manual says connect that controller with +12 constant.

Any help will be much appreciated thanks
Yeah that should work. And pick up ground (BK) from somewhere

While I'm thinking about it, I think I lied - the GY-VT is in the leveling loom (the other, smaller connector on the headlight) and NOT the main headlight loom. Peel back some of the insulation tape to double check please, my memory can't be trusted :)

Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that should work. And pick up ground (BK) from somewhere

While I'm thinking about it, I think I lied - the GY-VT is in the leveling loom (the other, smaller connector on the headlight) and NOT the main headlight loom. Peel back some of the insulation tape to double check please, my memory can't be trusted :)
Can you please take a photo of your wiring connection where you spliced the wires, if you don't mind

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
Now I have just check it the little connector on headlight got VT, GR-VT and Ground on both left and right connectors

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Heard a rumour that Ford AU are researching to activate the DRLs. Lots and lots of meetings and testing at the moment. Plans are to provide it as an aftermarket option. Something is cooking!

Cj42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp orange 2015 GT
Heard a rumour that Ford AU are researching to activate the DRLs. Lots and lots of meetings and testing at the moment. Plans are to provide it as an aftermarket option. Something is cooking!
That's awesome, hopefully they aren't going to be a joke of a price.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would be awesome if they could just bloody well get it right at the factory in the first place...

Sponsored

Tarrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
That's awesome news. It's funny because I actually had a good hour long chat with my dealer two weeks ago which involved going over their demo Mustang and pointing out all the disappointing omissions from the US spec as well as the potential mods people were either doing or wanted. I made sure to mention that by far the most wanted mod here on these forums was for the US tri-bar DRLs. I can only hope the feedback made it to Ford AU.

Last edited:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
After June 2nd (my17) standard fitment?

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Not a bad idea Ford AU.
May be they can offer a direct replacement of the Head light as an upgrade and then send the ones pulled out from our cars for modification at a facility (in a professional manner, without cutting etc) which are then ready to be swapped with the next available customer wanting to upgrade.

Cj42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp orange 2015 GT
Not a bad idea Ford AU.
May be they can offer a direct replacement of the Head light as an upgrade and then send the ones pulled out from our cars for modification at a facility (in a professional manner, without cutting etc) which are then ready to be swapped with the next available customer wanting to upgrade.
Couldn't imagine they would offer to help us that much!
Sponsored