willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
yea that sounds great! I can't wait to get tuned up. The only thing stopping me now is setting aside the cash to do so. I keep spending money when i get it.... its a nice problem of mine lol
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
yea that sounds great! I can't wait to get tuned up. The only thing stopping me now is setting aside the cash to do so. I keep spending money when i get it.... its a nice problem of mine lol
What amazes me is that stock boost levels don't change much!

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
This is a graph of a stock car with no mods.

A CAI and a catback exhaust will gain you around a handful of hp and tq each. Because of the new intake on the S550 being speed density there is not a ton of power to be had. With emissions regulations at an all-time peak of craziness exhaust systems are all fairly efficient these days. You are really only altering sound and adding a few ponies. For the EB guys out there we recommend swapping your downpipe long before a catback. Freeing up the excess back pressure on the exhaust side of the turbo will allow the impeller spool more freely and that is free power VIA extra efficiency! We actually build extra logic into our custom tuning to accommodate for the additional cool from an FMIC. We recommend adding our 160° EvenFlo thermostat to aid in keeping the engine cooler as well as the turbo. To answer your question directly, with those mods you can expect to see about 10hp/tq over the stock car. Your FMIC will allow you to push your car far harder for longer periods of time VS the stock car.
I have read all of this thread and, while initially thinking something was wrong with Livernois, I have come to respect their position. I am torn between Livernois and COBB/MAP/Adam tuning because I seek excellent driveability over any racing considerations (most of the time max power numbers are at the forefront of any discussion). I also was not able to find an active link here or on the Livernois website for the sound characteristics of the DP and/or catback exhaust. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I have read all of this thread and, while initially thinking something was wrong with Livernois, I have come to respect their position. I am torn between Livernois and COBB/MAP/Adam tuning because I seek excellent driveability over any racing considerations (most of the time max power numbers are at the forefront of any discussion). I also was not able to find an active link here or on the Livernois website for the sound characteristics of the DP and/or catback exhaust. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you for your consideration, we appreciate it!

Here is the link to our Thunderstorm Performance exhaust :cheers:

Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your consideration, we appreciate it!

Here is the link to our Thunderstorm Performance exhaust :cheers:
Thanks. I listened to the clip (with good audio equip), but it's hard to tell how it's different from other quality exhaust mods, such as MAP, Magnaflo, etc., especially as it appears to be a "custom" exhaust made-to-order.

I have been researching all the info on Mustang 2.3T tunes, but there is only constant repeating of HP/TQ gains, but no info on how the tune interacts with the Mustang premium toggle switches.... specifically the "Normal", Sport+" and "Track" mode options. How is driveability, cruising, MPG, etc. affected? If there is any info, please direct me to it...this kind of info will help me choose the best overall tune for me. :confused:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The LMS tuning leaves the drive modes intact. It doesn't negatively effect drivability at all, leaving it in drive feels like the stock drive but with a lot more power and responsiveness

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Is the car in this video completely stock other than the exhaust, or are there other mods such as intake and/or tune?

Thanks
There is a tune on it but that is it. The tune will not make a nominal difference to the tone.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I listened to the clip (with good audio equip), but it's hard to tell how it's different from other quality exhaust mods, such as MAP, Magnaflo, etc., especially as it appears to be a "custom" exhaust made-to-order.

I have been researching all the info on Mustang 2.3T tunes, but there is only constant repeating of HP/TQ gains, but no info on how the tune interacts with the Mustang premium toggle switches.... specifically the "Normal", Sport+" and "Track" mode options. How is driveability, cruising, MPG, etc. affected? If there is any info, please direct me to it...this kind of info will help me choose the best overall tune for me. :confused:
Well the 1st hurdle is that tuning and exhaust are completely mods. Don't expect a tune to completely revamp your exhaust note.

The exhaust is made to order, but that doesn't mean that mean that the tone will be night and day different from other kits. We do often hear that the tone of our kit is far less "buzzy" than most others. We focus on power, efficiency and not producing mind numbing drone.

Our tuning like stated affects all drive modes equally. We take extreme car in making sure that power is linear, predictable and consistent in all modes. The logic that we build into the tuning will actually lend to your car being quicker in drive VS other modes.

Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the 1st hurdle is that tuning and exhaust are completely mods. Don't expect a tune to completely revamp your exhaust note.

The exhaust is made to order, but that doesn't mean that mean that the tone will be night and day different from other kits. We do often hear that the tone of our kit is far less "buzzy" than most others. We focus on power, efficiency and not producing mind numbing drone.

Our tuning like stated affects all drive modes equally. We take extreme car in making sure that power is linear, predictable and consistent in all modes. The logic that we build into the tuning will actually lend to your car being quicker in drive VS other modes.
Thanks for the info...it does help understand what a "tune" actually tunes....that is: all the drive modes equally. :thumbsup:

Sorry about being such a N00b at this turbo tech, but there is precious little info available to compare vendors on this new platform. :frusty:

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
after getting the livernois tune, is there really any benefit anymore in using the sport mode?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
after getting the livernois tune, is there really any benefit anymore in using the sport mode?
On my personal car the ONLY benefit that I've seen is slightly better MPGs. But the car is actually slower.