Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports 2015 GT Supercharger Build

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I was just looking and saw that they are a mere 7 miles from the airport. I could have walked there. Lol

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
With all this talk and I'm looking to have a bunch of engine work done at Livernois I'm actually sitting at the Detroit airport right now on a 3hr layover and would love to tour their facility before dropping 10k+ there.

Some time I'll need to burn some delta miles on a flight back here to hit them up!
I was just looking and saw that they are a mere 7 miles from the airport. I could have walked there. Lol
Anytime you want to come down and check it out, feel free! 9am-6pm Mon-Fri!

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just checking in. I drove the car for 17 hours straight on Saturday and averaged 18 mpg city and just a tad under 22 highway. I've driven over 2000 miles so far and from what I can tell, this kit and tune is a natural fit for the engine in terms of drivability and reliability. I feel like I'm driving a tuned automatic 2015 GT500 lol. In sport mode, the responsiveness and speed is so sudden and blistering that I'm still mentally adjusting. I can't believe I have a car this fast. For the first time in my life, I'm actually craving to go to the track because there simply is no way the car could or should be pushed anywhere near its limits on public roads.

Also, I forgot to give Livernois their proper due in terms of customer service. Ethan is a standout representative of their company and has been in constant contact with me since the install. They also cleaned and washed my entire car inside and out upon delivery. I received a goodie package with a t-shirt, hat, windshield banner, vinyl stickers, a travel bag with a thousand pouches and a hi-res print of my car on the dyno along with a final dyno graph. This company has their act together and knows how to do business right.

To anyone on the fence or debating about what supercharger to get, I couldn't recommend the Windstorm more. It has far surpassed my needs which was to have a quick and reliable daily driver. Next up is more suspension and brake upgrades. Video coming soon.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can an install link be added? I'm not sure if the 2011-2014 GT install is exactly like the 2015-2017. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Just checking in. I drove the car for 17 hours straight on Saturday and averaged 18 mpg city and just a tad under 22 highway. I've driven over 2000 miles so far and from what I can tell, this kit and tune is a natural fit for the engine in terms of drivability and reliability. I feel like I'm driving a tuned automatic 2015 GT500 lol. In sport mode, the responsiveness and speed is so sudden and blistering that I'm still mentally adjusting. I can't believe I have a car this fast. For the first time in my life, I'm actually craving to go to the track because there simply is no way the car could or should be pushed anywhere near its limits on public roads.

Also, I forgot to give Livernois their proper due in terms of customer service. Ethan is a standout representative of their company and has been in constant contact with me since the install. They also cleaned and washed my entire car inside and out upon delivery. I received a goodie package with a t-shirt, hat, windshield banner, vinyl stickers, a travel bag with a thousand pouches and a hi-res print of my car on the dyno along with a final dyno graph. This company has their act together and knows how to do business right.

To anyone on the fence or debating about what supercharger to get, I couldn't recommend the Windstorm more. It has far surpassed my needs which was to have a quick and reliable daily driver. Next up is more suspension and brake upgrades. Video coming soon.
We would like to extend our gratitude towards you as a client for allowing us to showcase your mustang as part of a build thread. Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that we were able to make a vision a reality and share in the passion with the community. Keep us up to date on the vehicle and performance, and we'll keep our eyes out for the video.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any updates on possibly adding a smaller pulley or balancer to increase the boost level? Would a boost pump be needed for increased boost levels above the base package?

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on possibly adding a smaller pulley or balancer to increase the boost level? Would a boost pump be needed for increased boost levels above the base package?
Boost-a-pump would be needed at a point. Different damper would be the change for psi.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone explain to me why a damper is needed instead of a smaller SC pulley to spin the SC faster? I know back in the day my 2003 Cobra had a smaller pulley swap for increased boost.

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Another silly question, can you hear any blower whine with this kit?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone explain to me why a damper is needed instead of a smaller SC pulley to spin the SC faster? I know back in the day my 2003 Cobra had a smaller pulley swap for increased boost.
Pulley is already reaching the point of not wanting to go any smaller, so if you can't change one pulley, you change the other!

Minimal whine, nothing near KB or Whipple levels.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Pulley is already reaching the point of not wanting to go any smaller, so if you can't change one pulley, you change the other!

Minimal whine, nothing near KB or Whipple levels.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Does Livernois offer an e85 tune for this package?
They do but if remember right you need new injectors like id1000 or bigger and BAP or new fuel pump. Could be wrong but mu52 should not be able to handle e85 with a supercharger.
Sponsored