Livernois Evenflo 160 Thermo

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
But a custom tune would create problems with the remaining warranty.
ECU's are about $150 on eBay. I've been thinking about getting one for exactly this purpose. You have your stock one for warranty work & a spare for happy fun time.
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Had my first HPDE event since installing the 160 deg t-stat. Good news, bad news. Good news is that it did appear to lower CHT as I had hoped. CHT really didn't go much past 220, vs 240 with the 180 deg t-stat. Bad news is that the inferred oil temp seemed unaffected by this. Zooming right to the yellow and red zones after a few laps. I can only assume that the inferred oil temp calculation must rely heavily on other parameters, such as RPMs, boost, etc. I guess I have to short shift until the warranty expires and I can get a custom tune to eliminate the oil temp induced limp mode. I hate to say it, but this "feature" alone would've been enough for me to consider a Camaro over a Mustang. Really bad omission (i.e., not installing an actual oil temp sensor).

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i did my first track day today on stock tune, granted the max speed was about 85 my accessport said oil temp hit 272. i dont recall seeing any warnings

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
i did my first track day today on stock tune, granted the max speed was about 85 my accessport said oil temp hit 272. i dont recall seeing any warnings
I have been doing HPDEs since 1997. I push the car. As a result, the inferred temp climbs quickly. My understanding is that the yellow range on the factory gauge equates to approx 280, red around 290. Again, these aren't actual oil temps. I know the actual temp is lower (given my oil cooler), but the ECU doesn't know this.

I assume your accessport is also displaying inferred temp, unless you installed a oil temp sensor/sender somewhere in the system and have that linked to your accessport.
Sponsored