JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My car has not been a bad car, but it has had it fair share of issues.

It's an early build 2015:

• A/C Compressor out on delivery. Fixed over the course of several days - which means I bought my car and immediately they had to take it back to fix - documented elsewhere in this forum.
  • Passenger side seat installed with wrong (non-ventilated) foam cushion. This caused the "cooled" seats not work. This was in July/August. Reported and diagnosed in July, fixed in August after a lengthy wait for a replacement cushion.
  • Recall work completed in August - but caused:
  • "Check Fuel Inlet Pipe" message. Reported Mid-November, still waiting on repair parts. This doesn't leak fuel, but it does prevent a complete seal to be made on the capless fuel fill pipe. Likely broken during installation of shielding, etc. from the recall work.
  • Rattle/Squeak around light and PP gauges. This will be corrected when the Fuel fill pipe is fixed.

My car has ~4500 miles on it now and I purchased it early December of 2014 with a build in August of 2014.

None of these (outside of the compressor) has caused any sort major heartburn, but they are the sort of things that can happen on a first year (and early build) of a new car. So far, there's been no problems with getting anything fixed, outside of the extended wait for parts.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear about your situation but I am glad they are getting fixed and that you are taking it in stride. Also, you are right, this happens quite frequently to first year cars. I had it happen when I bought my 03 Infiniti G35.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, amazingly after I posted here I received a call that the part was in. Next Tuesday I'll take her back in to get fixed and hopefully that will be my last trip for any sort of work to the dealership for a long, long while.

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I bought mine at Autonation Ford Frisco at 121 and the DNT.

I tried to buy it at Five Star in Plano, and despite the fact we'd just purchased a Explorer from them, or salespeople weren't too keen on helping me (or so it seemed).

However, I'd still recommend them as I now know a salesman in the performance area and the service department is top-notch. I spread the love: My car goes to Autonation and my wifes goes to FSF in Plano for work :p

OP
OP
JeffreyDJ

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
As an update, though I assume no one likely cares :) :

1. They replaced the problem fuel fill inlet pipe. Seems to be fine now.
2. All of the squeaks and rattles also now seem to be gone as well.
Sponsored