Sponsored

Car idle surges (random times) anyone had these issues?

fstbck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 track pack
Video

5.0 mustang 2015. Mods are jlt intake, vmp tune, mak cat delete, ford x, roush axlebacks.

My mustang has an issue at idle and im so confused as to what is causing this. The car will run fine on acceleration but when i get to a stop sometimes it won't catch an idle coming to a stop( the rpm needle goes low like if it died and will catch itself and come back to idle). Also at a stop the car will start to surge the idle sometimes it catches itself or sometimes the car will die completely. I can restart the car no issue luckily. Sometimes exiting driveways on an incline it'll do this issue as well. I only had a cel come on but it was for p1450 issue. I thought i had fixed my problem because it went a way for a while now its back. Does it now and then but today did it 4 times. Im stomped on what it can be.

Things ive addressed:
-Changed the throttle body to a different one
-checked for codes no codes
-checked the coils had a misfire but i believe p1450 was causing that symptom because i dont feel it anymore
-P1450 - Inability of Evaporation Emission Control System to Bleed Fuel Tank
I changed the p1450 part.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Have you checked for air leaks?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Mine doesn't surge, it stalls. It just started doing this...4700 miles on car, no mods, recently serviced. No codes or CEL. Voltage is all over the place; I suspect this may be a contributing factor. Car going in to dealer tomorrow.

Sponsored

Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium, 1978 f150 ranger
Vehicle Showcase
When mine did this it was due to bama tune.