Sponsored

Linear Front Springs w/Progressive Rears?

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
This has been on my mind for a while, but I wasn't really sure how to ask?

I've been running Steeda Sport Progressives for the last 3ish years and I have nothing but positive things to say about the handling and ride comfort for being a daily driver. However (because there's a reason for my question), The front springs have had an issue for the last two years where they'd make noise from the coils touching one another on certain road imperfections, even after replacing the isolators a few times. Maybe they're worn out (Metro Detroit roads...)

This is no complaint to/at Steeda, their customer service and advice is awesome. But I was wondering if this could be an opportunity to change the front springs to something else when the weather warms up? Perhaps their sport linear springs or something else? I like the rear springs as they are and don't wanna change those.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you run mismatched springs your car will literally explode.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m nearly positive the new BMW M2 runs progressives fronts with linear rearsā€”now which combination of rates works well for the S550 is a mystery. A possibility for success Iā€™d say itā€™s plausible.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
If you run mismatched springs your car will literally explode.
Well, no one lives forever, eh? ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Iā€™m nearly positive the new BMW M2 runs progressives fronts with linear rearsā€”now which combination of rates works well for the S550 is a mystery. A possibility for success Iā€™d say itā€™s plausible.
That's an odd setup for the M2 isn't it. I recall reading somewhere the the GT350/R have linear fronts and dual rate rears, or the other way around?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
That's an odd setup for the M2 isn't it.
If Iā€™m right, then for sure. I assume BMW went progressive due to the M2ā€™s low stance, and to ensure the spring is well seated in all driving scenarios.

I recall reading somewhere the the GT350/R have linear fronts and dual rate rears, or the other way around?
True statement. GT350R rear springs are dual rate.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If Iā€™m right, then for sure. I assume BMW went progressive due to the M2ā€™s low stance, and to ensure the spring is well seated in all driving scenarios.
Perhaps there's a slightly looser handling effect during corner entry (that they'd almost certainly be covering for in the stability control calibration).

True statement. GT350R rear springs are dual rate.
Should be a mild understeerish effect.

Norm

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
I've wanted to try this combo for a long time. a Linear front spring and a progressive rear. Getting the rates right shouldn't be too hard if you go with BMR Springs

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
This has been on my mind for a while, but I wasn't really sure how to ask?

I've been running Steeda Sport Progressives for the last 3ish years and I have nothing but positive things to say about the handling and ride comfort for being a daily driver. However (because there's a reason for my question), The front springs have had an issue for the last two years where they'd make noise from the coils touching one another on certain road imperfections, even after replacing the isolators a few times. Maybe they're worn out (Metro Detroit roads...)

This is no complaint to/at Steeda, their customer service and advice is awesome. But I was wondering if this could be an opportunity to change the front springs to something else when the weather warms up? Perhaps their sport linear springs or something else? I like the rear springs as they are and don't wanna change those.
Good morning, if you could pm me your contact info, i have some good solutions for your objective.
Steda tech,
Mike D
Sponsored