rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hello,
I was curious about line locks and launch control in my 2020 GT w/auto trans. I’m guessing only manual transmissions have launch control, as this option doesn’t appear at all in the track apps menu? Also, the line lock is listed but grayed out so I cannot select it. Wondering what I need to do, or if maybe there’s a problem? Thanks.
Jeff
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yes launch control is only on maual cars. For line lock car needs to be warmed up, on level ground and not moving. Also when it prompts you to hold the brake you have to hold it down hard.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yes launch control is only on maual cars. For line lock car needs to be warmed up, on level ground and not moving. Also when it prompts you to hold the brake you have to hold it down hard.
Very hard and very steady until you feel the car take over

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys I finally got it. Didn’t understand all the steps. Kept trying it on my inclined driveway and engine cold. Soon as I warmed up and got on some flat ground it the locks became available. Of course I still screwed it up 3 or 4 times! Car in park, emergency brake on, not pressing hard enough on brakes, etc. But then I got it! Thanks again.

jeff

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
My line lock selection stayed grayed out until I turned of lane keep assist.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
My line lock selection stayed grayed out until I turned of lane keep assist.
That’s odd because mine’s been on all along but still got my locks to engage. Strange.

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
Initially I thought it was a break-in thing and it woul work at 1,000 miles and when that didn’t happen I thought it would at 1,500 miles. Someone at work suggested I turn it off.
Mine is a ‘21 Ecoboost with auto, the 101A and Black accent package. I discovered that lane keep and auto wipers came with it also. Not sure if it came with the 101 package or if it’s standard, but either way I enjoy it.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I got the 401A package that gives you leather and other goodies, but I think the Lane Keeping assist is a separate package called Ford Safe and Smart. Which also has the adaptive cruise control which is one of the best features going in my opinion. But I’ve never turned off the lane assist and was still able to get my line locks to engage
Sponsored