Sponsored

Limp mode activated, 2015 GT PP

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So I know the 2015 does not have a temp sensor in the rear dif, but last weekend I had 3 separate occasions where the car went into limp mode, it actually had the wrench on dash and said "service". Here are some facts on this situation:
Track : Pacific Raceways near Seattle
Outside temps : around 75, pretty low
Length of track times : 20 minutes sessions X7
Almost stock drivetrain, has CAI, tune, Excedy Clutch and light steel flywheel, GT350 half shafts.
Engine oil temps, very close, if not touching yellow zone on gauge
Happened right after a long, hard left hand corner going from 140mph down to around 65 in the corner.

Could it be oil starvation?
I just shut car off on track and restarted and it was totally fine. Always happened on that corner, but I took it probably close to 75 times and it happed 3 of them.

WTF???

***Updated on thread #14***
Sponsored

Last edited:

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
There are known fuel starvation issues on long sweeping left turns due to the saddle gas tank design. Perhaps the pump started picking up air and caused the car to freak out. I've had power loss and blips from this issue but it's never gone into limp mode.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
That is very possible as I was getting the odd misfiring when down to 1/4 tank coming out of the same corner. I would like to think it was that over oil starvation.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Oil starvation (or better yet low oil pressure from sloshing oil in the pan) AFAIK won't cause the car going into limp mode. It's not the diff or trans as you eluded to, and it's not the oil temp.

You didn't mention what your CHTs were, but my guess would be also the fuel starvation.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Oil starvation (or better yet low oil pressure from sloshing oil in the pan) AFAIK won't cause the car going into limp mode. It's not the diff or trans as you eluded to, and it's not the oil temp.

You didn't mention what your CHTs were, but my guess would be also the fuel starvation.
I scrolled through the menu while at speed and had 120C for CHT, normal is around 95-100C for cruising around town.

Sponsored

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That whole wrench warning is so useless and all over the place.

I had it come on at Autobahn after almost spinning out on a wet track day. Scanned codes at there were tons of errors relating to ABS, power steering, and other modules. Then another time it randomly turned on as soon as I arrived for a track day at Gateway. Didn't even get to unpack my stuff lol....but it turned off after few laps.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I don't usually let the oil get that hot. I've never gotten to 120C on CHT. Anything over 110 is getting hot.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I don't usually let the oil get that hot. I've never gotten to 120C on CHT. Anything over 110 is getting hot.
I've done several lapping days with this car. This particular day was the coolest of all of them strangely, I am thinking there is a cooling issue somewhere, maybe a restriction. I will probably replace the engine thermostat as an easy starting point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
That whole wrench warning is so useless and all over the place.

I had it come on at Autobahn after almost spinning out on a wet track day. Scanned codes at there were tons of errors relating to ABS, power steering, and other modules. Then another time it randomly turned on as soon as I arrived for a track day at Gateway. Didn't even get to unpack my stuff lol....but it turned off after few laps.
I checked for codes, there were none. I also have all the babysitters turned off.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I checked for codes, there were none. I also have all the babysitters turned off.
They won't show up as DTCs if that's what you were looking for. If you have Forscan it can pull up errors/codes related to different modules.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I was at Barber this past weekend. 2019 GT PP1, MT82. 3rd - 30minute session, about 20 minutes in, car went into limp mode with the solid yellow engine light on the display. . Did not get any differential temp warning. All temp gauges looked to be in the “green” or just to the high middle area of the gauges. Only thing we could think of is that we might have accidentally left the AC on and that triggered something funky. Other than that, couldn’t figure out a cause. Next session out car did fine up to the very end of the session when I got a diff.overheat warning but I pitted before going into limp mode.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So fast forward a year and a different track, same problem but more common and just as annoying. This time I got a code P2112, throttle stuck closed.

I think the computer thinks there is a discrepancy between my throttle position and my foot input when I down shift and burp throttle.

There is a TSB on this but I am out of warranty. I picked up a low mileage TB but have not installed yet. Hoping this will solve my issues.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Are you running a catch can? Maybe it's all gummed up and dirty?
Sponsored