Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Yeah, unfortunately for me, I'm a bit late to the party. At first I thought the dealers could tell that I'm younger than the avg buyer and were giving me a hard time haha. My max is MSRP, if not I'll be walking (no way am I giving the dealer 10 over). Will be interesting to see how the market plays out, if this is the month of mass evictions I'm sure dealers would sell under sticker.
Its definitely not your age. I'm only 26 which is definitely nowhere near the average buyer and thats for good reason. Most people my age can't afford this car. I didn't have any issues ordering mine, you just have to be direct and know what questions to ask, when you don't really know and are wishy washy then they will probably just give you the run around. It was a bit awkward at first because I felt like they thought I was using daddy's money but maybe that was just me overthinking things. I do get anxious and paranoid at times.

Yeah you are late, the best way to nab one is to constantly check the spreadsheet or just make a list and just do your daily rounds of phone calls. I don't think the GT350R Heritage Edition would sell under sticker, maybe in 2 years after it just sits on the lot, but definitely not anytime soon. If you want the R at MSRP you are going to have to put in the time and do a lot of work with some luck to find one. I believe you'll be able to find one in the next 2-3 months but you will have to really involved with search.
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Yeah, unfortunately for me, I'm a bit late to the party. At first I thought the dealers could tell that I'm younger than the avg buyer and were giving me a hard time haha. My max is MSRP, if not I'll be walking (no way am I giving the dealer 10 over). Will be interesting to see how the market plays out, if this is the month of mass evictions I'm sure dealers would sell under sticker.
i had the same mentality of not paying over. i wish more people did as well and maybe dealers wouldn't be so unreasonable.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Unfortunately you are very late (not a bit late as you mentioned) to the party with the party almost being over therefore in other words there are not many HEP R's to choose from and suggest that you make your best deal with hopefully a small ADM or as you mentioned if you cannot accept that then just walk away.

I suggest that the FRAP will not build many more 2020 HEP R's going forward and with that probably being the case do not expect any deals under MSRP for these cars going forward because that just is not going to happen.

Good Luck!!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
@corrieb I have done some investigating and have the following updates:

1176 - sold
1264 - $20k ADM
1271 - sold
1280 - sold
1285 - sold
1316 - $10k ADM
1353 - $20k ADM
1354 - $20k ADM
1374 - sold
1375 - sold
1586 - pending sale

I'll post any more updates I find.

Fred

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
@corrieb I have done some investigating and have the following updates:

1176 - sold
1264 - $20k ADM
1271 - sold
1280 - sold
1285 - sold
1316 - $10k ADM
1353 - $20k ADM
1354 - $20k ADM
1374 - sold
1375 - sold
1586 - pending sale

I'll post any more updates I find.

Fred

Was told this morning that 2140 is sold and a couple of weeks ago 1999 was sold to a friend of mine.

Sponsored

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Ben, 1481 also sold about a week ago.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Somebody may have asked this already but any speculation on just how many HEP Rā€™s there will be?

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
As many of us know there were 562 Shelby GT350's built for the 1965 MY and those production numbers include the 3 prototype cars, 34 competition cars built for customers along with the ~9 drag racing models and the regular production GT350's.

Based on Ford's history of building just 562 GT350/R's for the 1965 MY I will suggest that they may not want to exceed those total production numbers for the 2020 HEP cars but could be way off base to suggest that but hope not..

From what I have been able to determine we are presently at 491 HEP cars in total (regular and R) that have been assigned VIN's up to this point with the ratio being pretty much 2 to1 for the regular HEP cars compared to the HEP R's.

Will we reach the final number of 562 cars in total as was the case for 1965, really very difficult to say but can assure you that the FRAP will not be building anywhere near 350 HEP R's for the 2020 MY as we are less than half that number as we speak and nearing the middle of August.

Then again I have learned to never say never when it comes to the Ford Motor Company!:wink:

UpTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am broke
Its definitely not your age. I'm only 26 which is definitely nowhere near the average buyer and thats for good reason. Most people my age can't afford this car. I didn't have any issues ordering mine, you just have to be direct and know what questions to ask, when you don't really know and are wishy washy then they will probably just give you the run around. It was a bit awkward at first because I felt like they thought I was using daddy's money but maybe that was just me overthinking things. I do get anxious and paranoid at times.

Yeah you are late, the best way to nab one is to constantly check the spreadsheet or just make a list and just do your daily rounds of phone calls. I don't think the GT350R Heritage Edition would sell under sticker, maybe in 2 years after it just sits on the lot, but definitely not anytime soon. If you want the R at MSRP you are going to have to put in the time and do a lot of work with some luck to find one. I believe you'll be able to find one in the next 2-3 months but you will have to really involved with search.
Yep, first call was the worst, made a script and the rest went smoothly. Majority of the dealers I called didn't know they had a HEP R incoming as the cars were still in transit. Anyways, will call as many as I can and will report back, I'm sure others could use the info. Appreciate the insight!

Sponsored

UpTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am broke
Unfortunately you are very late (not a bit late as you mentioned) to the party with the party almost being over therefore in other words there are not many HEP R's to choose from and suggest that you make your best deal with hopefully a small ADM or as you mentioned if you cannot accept that then just walk away.

I suggest that the FRAP will not build many more 2020 HEP R's going forward and with that probably being the case do not expect any deals under MSRP for these cars going forward because that just is not going to happen.

Good Luck!!
Thanks! I did not expect to find myself in this position hence the very bad timing. We'll see how it goes, I really hate the idea of giving a dealer that type of money for nothing, I guess there's too much money flowing around :) . Will be interesting to see how the used market for these cars plays out

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Hey @DrumReaper thanks so much for the data. All added and updated. I'm not putting ADMs in the spreadsheet as it breaks my self-imposed rule on subjectivity. @UpTop if you keep any records of sold cars that weren't marked as such, do let us know.

My 2c on ADMs is most of us with HEP Rs probably paid one. You just don't hear us talking about it like the vocal minority who are rightfully proud of having avoided it. This is the market. I am buying one of only 4 to be sold in my entire state. That's a rare car. My dealer has already told me he has others willing to pay more for the car than I am (not unsolicited information FWIW).

Remember too that the ADM they'll give to a casual enquirer and what you may be able to knock them down to under some pressure, will be different. Bottom line is if you really want a HEP R and can beat them down from $10k to $5k over, take the deal. If you really don't want to pay the extra, you'll find better deals on regular 2020 Rs.

Ben

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@corrieb, good thoughts and words Ben. My Mustang mentor @PP0001 Harry and I discussed my HEP R probabilities this week, and I can honestly say Iā€™m at ease with the ADM I had to agree to for mine.

This is the market... and when I think of when Wimbledon and Guardsman was last draped over bodywork in ā€˜65-66 I am quickly reminded of the pedigree I am purchasing.

No doubt, these will be pentacle cars, and I can honestly say, Iā€™m thankful to be blessed to pull it off... and thanks to you for your spreadsheet which helped to make it happen.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks! I did not expect to find myself in this position hence the very bad timing. We'll see how it goes, I really hate the idea of giving a dealer that type of money for nothing, I guess there's too much money flowing around :) . Will be interesting to see how the used market for these cars plays out
I totally get what you are saying with respect to bad timing and ADM's as I have been there myself in previous years but must encourage you to not give up as there still may be some reasonable deals out there and of course you only just need one of these allocations at a reasonable price.

Over the last few weeks I have come across numerous ADM's that are $5000 or less therefore suggest that you use Ben's cool spreadsheet and make as many calls as possible and hope that you are able to secure an allocation very soon!

:fingerscrossed:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Yep, first call was the worst, made a script and the rest went smoothly. Majority of the dealers I called didn't know they had a HEP R incoming as the cars were still in transit. Anyways, will call as many as I can and will report back, I'm sure others could use the info. Appreciate the insight!
Yeah as long as you have a script or have a general idea of what to say you'll be fine. I wrote down what to talk about before I called on a flashcard.

Interesting, my experience was opposite, the ones that had no idea about the incoming Heritage Edition allowed me to place a deposit to secure the vehicle and the ones that knew were giving me the run around. They said that they would call me when it arrived when means that there was going to be a bid to get it. It was probably easier for me since I was just looking for a GT350 not the R and the dealership that I got it from just placed the order a month before I called, and it was in a small city.

Good luck with your search. Let us know how it goes!
Sponsored