Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Well....the guys at the factory must have been thinking the same...lol.......left off the driver side strips for me ......
IMG_1701.jpeg
How does something like this get past any kind of Q/A process? Also, how do the Non-R badges make it onto the dash of an R car? This is concerning...what else could not be right on some cars that is not visible?
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
How does something like this get past any kind of Q/A process? Also, how do the Non-R badges make it onto the dash of an R car? This is concerning...what else could not be right on some cars that is not visible?
When did Ford have a Q/A process?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did Ford have a Q/A process?
True, but I love Ford and want them to succeed. People complain about panel gaps but this is at a far bigger stupid level not catching this! I hope Ford can get these types of problems resolved some day soon!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I certainly get what you are saying as the dash plaques for the non-R and R HEP cars are issued early during the assembly process with each chassis number being documented in a log with the car going down the line with a chassis number once the dash has been installed.

My understanding was that for previous years it was a female taking care of the function and who knows who is taking care of it now but obviously there are a couple of HEP R's that definitely have the wrong dash plaque with one of the dealers jacking up the price because they think it is more collectible.

As far as the side stripes missing on this car and because it is part of a brand new process for the HEP cars I don't know if the Mod Shop is handling the OTT/side stripe application for the HEP optioned cars but someone certainly missed part of their assignment?

The good thing is that this can be addressed and fixed very easily!

:)

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
At least we have a chassis badge plate for our cars as that is certainly not the case for some of the recent limited edition/production Camaro models unless something has changed from the launch of the 2014/2015 Camaro Z28's?

Not sure if you remember the limited run of Camaro Z28's back in the 2014 and 2015 model years as that was Chevrolet's answer to the 2012/2013 Boss 302 launch a few years earlier namely in February 2011.

If I recall correctly it was in January 2014 when I spent a great deal of time with Al Oppenheiser who was the Camaro Chief Engineer at Chevrolet for the new Z28 program and he could not have been more accommodating and informative for all things Z28 as Chevrolet had just launched their Z28 program with Al just a wonderful person to converse with.

I met Al at the Chevrolet booth at the B-J car auction in Scottsdale (I was wearing one of my 2012 Boss 302 shirts at the time which he quickly commented on) and we spoke for at least 2 hours about the new Z28 program and could immediately tell from our conversation as to how passionate that he was for the Z28 program and all things associated.

During our discussions we spoke in great detail about the Z28 chassis set up, manual transmission, LS7 engines from the Z06 Corvettes, MSRP pricing at ~$78,000 and of course the famous wheel and tire configuration for these cars.

It was apparent that Al had a competition license therefore was very passionate about their new Z28 Camaro and in fact suggested that Chevrolet may lose money on every vehicle sold based on their initial investment for a very limited 2 year launch with the 2014 MY supposedly going to have around ~600 cars produced which was to be very similar to the 1967 launch of the Z28 back in the day.

I asked him a couple of direct questions one of which was why the initial launch was slow and not taking off very well and his response was that him and his team had not expected to have most Z28 enthusiasts to order AC for their cars therefore him and his team got caught off guard and did not have many AC units in stock and thought that everyone would order AC delete which is the way that the original 1967 Z28's came back in the day.

One of the other questions that I asked Al was centered around chassis numbers/plates and exclusive Owners Kits for this limited edition 2 year run for the Z28 much like what Ford had provided for the 2012/2013 Boss 302 program.

Al explained to me that because him and his Chevrolet Team got so involved with the engineering and development of the suspension, wheels, sticky Pirelli tires, brakes, engine, etc. that they totally forgot and lost sight of coming up with a chassis plate designation and owners kit such as what Ford came up with for the Boss 302 program and admitted that is something that they should have come up with for their limited production Z28 cars.

I get that some of our GT350/R HEP chassis plates are not exactly what they should be indicating but suggest that can be rectified easily in due course and that we should be appreciative for at least having our GT350/R's and HEP optioned cars individually designated from a unique chassis standpoint unlike some other Pony Cars from recent years.

:sunglasses:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
One thing I always admired about Chevy was the really cool focused limited production stuff they did and do. They always were less conservative then Ford in that regard. I would really like to drive that version of the Z28. That would of been a cool conversation to be a fly on the wall.

At least we have a chassis badge plate for our cars as that is certainly not the case for some of the recent limited edition/production Camaro models unless something has changed from the launch of the 2014/2015 Camaro Z28's?

Not sure if you remember the limited run of Camaro Z28's back in the 2014 and 2015 model years as that was Chevrolet's answer to the 2012/2013 Boss 302 launch a few years earlier namely in February 2011.

If I recall correctly it was in January 2014 when I spent a great deal of time with Al Oppenheiser who was the Camaro Chief Engineer at Chevrolet for the new Z28 program and he could not have been more accommodating and informative for all things Z28 as Chevrolet had just launched their Z28 program with Al just a wonderful person to converse with.

I met Al at the Chevrolet booth at the B-J car auction in Scottsdale (I was wearing one of my 2012 Boss 302 shirts at the time which he quickly commented on) and we spoke for at least 2 hours about the new Z28 program and could immediately tell from our conversation as to how passionate that he was for the Z28 program and all things associated.

During our discussions we spoke in great detail about the Z28 chassis set up, manual transmission, LS7 engines from the Z06 Corvettes, MSRP pricing at ~$78,000 and of course the famous wheel and tire configuration for these cars.

It was apparent that Al had a competition license therefore was very passionate about their new Z28 Camaro and in fact suggested that Chevrolet may lose money on every vehicle sold based on their initial investment for a very limited 2 year launch with the 2014 MY supposedly going to have around ~600 cars produced which was to be very similar to the 1967 launch of the Z28 back in the day.

I asked him a couple of direct questions one of which was why the initial launch was slow and not taking off very well and his response was that him and his team had not expected to have most Z28 enthusiasts to order AC for their cars therefore him and his team got caught off guard and did not have many AC units in stock and thought that everyone would order AC delete which is the way that the original 1967 Z28's came back in the day.

One of the other questions that I asked Al was centered around chassis numbers/plates and exclusive Owners Kits for this limited edition 2 year run for the Z28 much like what Ford had provided for the 2012/2013 Boss 302 program.

Al explained to me that because him and his Chevrolet Team got so involved with the engineering and development of the suspension, wheels, sticky Pirelli tires, brakes, engine, etc. that they totally forgot and lost sight of coming up with a chassis plate designation and owners kit such as what Ford came up with for the Boss 302 program and admitted that is something that they should have come up with for their limited production Z28 cars.

I get that some of our GT350/R HEP chassis plates are not exactly what they should be indicating but suggest that can be rectified easily in due course and that we should be appreciative for at least having our GT350/R's and HEP optioned cars individually designated from a unique chassis standpoint unlike some other Pony Cars from recent years.

:sunglasses:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
When Ford announced these, I struggled for a long time on wether to get one and trade my anniversary model in. I love this car but I love mine too. These pics are making me second guess my decision to pass. Beautiful car, guys. I wish I wasn’t trying to set myself up to retire early.

Can someone save the the trouble of reading 774 posts that make me jealous and tell me: how many (if available) Ford is making and can you still order one? Or are they limited production and numbered?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Ford announced these, I struggled for a long time on wether to get one and trade my anniversary model in. I love this car but I love mine too. These pics are making me second guess my decision to pass. Beautiful car, guys. I wish I wasn’t trying to set myself up to retire early.

Can someone save the the trouble of reading 774 posts that make me jealous and tell me: how many (if available) Ford is making and can you still order one? Or are they limited production and numbered?
Ford hasn't said how many they plan to make, they are just "limited". If I were you, I would search the internet for one because there are many dealers that either have one for sale or have some coming in that they ordered for dealer stock. It might be too late to order one if I have to guess?

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
For anyone looking for a Heritage Edition you can search Car Guru nationwide and can find these sitting at dealers. Most wont have a picture so you have to look at the Window Sticker however some are posted with Pics.

Sponsored

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Why is this car still available?

Is it sold? I went and viewed the one in Astoria OR, yesterday, nice drive down parallel with the Columbia River. Still digging the color combo! The one at Astoria Ford is "042". Didn't talk price at all. They have two GT350 on the showroom floor and this business as one of the sale consultants said it's Truck Town USA.

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
This Morning did my check on the Ford Tracking owners site, the Image of the HE has now started working. Was this just my Order? Or did anyone else notice this. Just like you couldn't bring up the option of the HEP on the Ford Build page. Just peaked at the Build page still no HEP or WW/GB color option. Copied the pictures of the tracking site.

upload_2020-4-21_10-34-42.png

upload_2020-4-21_10-35-12.png

Do you guys see how the Chassis badge looks in this image/example they used. Anyone else see these for their ordered HEP? Red Cobra/Blue with Red R. Brian

upload_2020-4-21_10-37-59.png

Last edited:

dchao1969

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 VW GTI, 2008 Corvette C6,
I'm also surprised by the quality control on my new GT350 with pretty large body panel gaps and that sort of things. I wonder if this don't give a crap about quality extends to their other models.

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
For anyone looking for a Heritage Edition you can search Car Guru nationwide and can find these sitting at dealers. Most wont have a picture so you have to look at the Window Sticker however some are posted with Pics.

A reminder, Dealerships have to pay to be on these types of sites ( that's how they make $$ ). Some do not pay so, don't give up! Another option, if your local dealer and you have a good relation maybe they will do a search for you with in the Ford system. This is what is used for dealer "trades" or "out right buys". Brian
Sponsored