Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
When Ford announced these, I struggled for a long time on wether to get one and trade my anniversary model in. I love this car but I love mine too. These pics are making me second guess my decision to pass. Beautiful car, guys. I wish I wasn’t trying to set myself up to retire early.

Can someone save the the trouble of reading 774 posts that make me jealous and tell me: how many (if available) Ford is making and can you still order one? Or are they limited production and numbered?

This is from me post #713 Just ideas, like what they did with your 50th in 2015.....1964.

I have another thought on production numbers for the HE, just guessing from past Easter Eggs like on the new digital dash couple years back. Need to go find that picture.

• 289 total 37 or 65 R's Nod to the original 289 HiPo -306 HP GT350
  • 137 again with 37 R's
  • 350 with 37 or 65 R's
  • 306 ?
Just for fun any thoughts on my silly logic? Brian
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Ok cool. Thanks for the replies guys.
I did find a couple for sale, but I won’t pay adm’s. My dealer never charges me one. Although they won’t come off sticker for the specialty cars lol. But i really need to resist this. I just don’t want to spend that much out of a chunk of my retirement. Guess I could sell the cobra replica but the wire wasn’t crazy about that idea. She brings me down to earth sometimes, reminded me how I’d not be happy after awhile and be looking to build another.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Well....the guys at the factory must have been thinking the same...lol.......left off the driver side strips for me ......
IMG_1701.jpeg
The more and more i see the 350 from this angle.....the more i love it over the 500....the front fenders look so mean

Gashimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Performance Blue
I'm also surprised by the quality control on my new GT350 with pretty large body panel gaps and that sort of things. I wonder if this don't give a crap about quality extends to their other models.
I have the same issue. Crazy panel gaps everywhere...I guess that's why people pay the extra $50K for a 911. You'd think after making these S550 bodies for so many years they would have solved this problem.

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
I'm also surprised by the quality control on my new GT350 with pretty large body panel gaps and that sort of things. I wonder if this don't give a crap about quality extends to their other models.
I saw the same thing. Had my Ford body shop take off the front facia, realign the fenders and fix the seams. Yes I paid for this however I was being very picky and wanted it to look right. I’m glad I did.

Sponsored

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
This Morning did my check on the Ford Tracking owners site, the Image of the HE has now started working. Was this just my Order? Or did anyone else notice this. Just like you couldn't bring up the option of the HEP on the Ford Build page. Just peaked at the Build page still no HEP or WW/GB color option. Copied the pictures of the tracking site.

upload_2020-4-21_10-34-42.png

Do you guys see how the Chassis badge looks in this image/example they used. Anyone else see these for their ordered HEP? Red Cobra/Blue with Red R. Brian
Are the seats in the HEP R like the previous R seats? Why they didn’t do blue stitching is beyond me. It seems to clash to me with blue badges and red stitching.

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.
I saw the same thing. Had my Ford body shop take off the front facia, realign the fenders and fix the seams. Yes I paid for this however I was being very picky and wanted it to look right. I’m glad I did.
Do you mind me asking what it cost? Since I bought out of state I can't use my local dealer to fix it for free, and I'm bothered by the misaligned hood/rear bumper enough to get them corrected.

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Are the seats in the HEP R like the previous R seats? Why they didn’t do blue stitching is beyond me. It seems to clash to me with blue badges and red stitching.
From what I have learned here, no blue stitching. This is what a friends 2020 R (Velocity Blue) seats look like, these is an example.

upload_2020-4-21_19-9-49.png

Gashimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Performance Blue
Has anyone received their owners supplement package yet? I asked my dealer and they gave me a coffee mug, poster and other mediocre swag. There should be an official package, with a replica flat plane crankshaft, and I know the HEP has a "certificate of authenticity" which i have yet to receive. I took delivery over 5 weeks ago so I will keep calling Ford Performance, but haven't been able to get through...they are likely closed.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
From what I have learned here, no blue stitching. This is what a friends 2020 R (Velocity Blue) seats look like, these is an example.

upload_2020-4-21_19-9-49.png
The HE Edition R has black seats with red stitching...no red bolsters like a "regular" R. The seats look like this:
459517.png

Sponsored

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
Do you mind me asking what it cost? Since I bought out of state I can't use my local dealer to fix it for free, and I'm bothered by the misaligned hood/rear bumper enough to get them corrected.
My local dealer did that for under $400. He needed the car for 2 days. I dropped it off at 8am and picked it up the following day at 10am.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Very simple and don't disagree with your suggestion but here is how this all came about.

The HEP option never existed until Bill Ford asked a FP individual to design the very last 2020 R model in a unique color/stripe configuration after which time it was decided that Bill would have the only 2020 optioned R model coming with Wimbledon White paint, Blue seat inserts and Blue stitching on the seats/steering wheels as well as his car also coming with painted Blue brake calipers and of course the iconic painted OTT Guardsman Blue OTT/side stripes and Blue badging.

I would suggest that his chassis badge designation will be very unique to his car as well.:wink:

Once the HEP option was adopted and accepted by the senior management at Ford as a very late model option sometime just before the end of 2019 the seat configuration was changed from the regular R model Red seat inserts and Red seat stitching to no Red seat inserts but the Red stitching remained on the R model all Black seats.

Bottom line if it was not for Bill Ford requesting a unique 2020 R optioned car early on along with an individual from FP taking that thought process to another level we would not have the HEP option as we presently know it but like you I certainly like the look of the R model seats/steering wheel stitching in Blue!!

:)
DSCF1798.JPG
DSCF1796.JPG
DSCF1797.JPG

Dubbsfaris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 Red Stripe Vert, 2008 Shelby Terlingua, 2013 Shelby Raptor, 2017 Saleen 35th Anniversary Yellow Label Prototype, 2020 GT350R HE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. Been lurking here for a few weeks waiting and watching. I’ve been a pretty entrenched enthusiast with Shelby and Ford for the past decade- but took a step back over the last couple years because I have two kids 2 and under now. I still run an event in Terlingua every year, but that’s about it. I’ve got several Shelbys and owned the first customer delivered 2011 GT350 “R tune”, and a 2015 50th as well. Loved the WW, and this HE peeked my interest again. I made a couple calls and ended buying from Corwin Ford in WA, although I’m in TX. Only problem is it is showing a produced date of March 12. It’s still showing a delivery to the dealer of April 29th, but I can’t get any info on a rail car, so I’m guessing it’s delayed. VIN ends in 1093, all optioned R. I settled in on just 1k over sticker on my paperwork, so not terrible. Wanted to drive it back to TX but it looks like I’m gonna have to ship it with everything we have going on these days. I’ve enjoyed reading 55 pages of discussion though to pass the time. I’ve been through this process so many times, patience just comes natural, but I am excited to see my dash number, and see the difference the 2020 drives from previous builds. Thank you all for the chatter, and it makes me miss the glory days of Team Shelby and StangsUnleashed. I’ll share info as I get it. Like many of you, I think this is really gonna be a special build- worth being proud to own.

the really cool part is that in 2011, I got on MyPlates.com and got a vanity plate and a 10 year term. I sold my 2011 in 2014 to guy who made me an offer I couldn’t pass up, but My vanity license plate? GT350R
Not bad, huh?

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Hey guys. Been lurking here for a few weeks waiting and watching. I’ve been a pretty entrenched enthusiast with Shelby and Ford for the past decade- but took a step back over the last couple years because I have two kids 2 and under now. I still run an event in Terlingua every year, but that’s about it. I’ve got several Shelbys and owned the first customer delivered 2011 GT350 “R tune”, and a 2015 50th as well. Loved the WW, and this HE peeked my interest again. I made a couple calls and ended buying from Corwin Ford in WA, although I’m in TX. Only problem is it is showing a produced date of March 12. It’s still showing a delivery to the dealer of April 29th, but I can’t get any info on a rail car, so I’m guessing it’s delayed. VIN ends in 1093, all optioned R. I settled in on just 1k over sticker on my paperwork, so not terrible. Wanted to drive it back to TX but it looks like I’m gonna have to ship it with everything we have going on these days. I’ve enjoyed reading 55 pages of discussion though to pass the time. I’ve been through this process so many times, patience just comes natural, but I am excited to see my dash number, and see the difference the 2020 drives from previous builds. Thank you all for the chatter, and it makes me miss the glory days of Team Shelby and StangsUnleashed. I’ll share info as I get it. Like many of you, I think this is really gonna be a special build- worth being proud to own.

the really cool part is that in 2011, I got on MyPlates.com and got a vanity plate and a 10 year term. I sold my 2011 in 2014 to guy who made me an offer I couldn’t pass up, but My vanity license plate? GT350R
Not bad, huh?
Since your car was "Produced" on March 12th, it would have been headed to the "Mod Shop" for it's vinyl stripes, CF wheels and wing. (It's an R right?) The wait time between "Produced" and "Released" for cars going through the Mod Shop can be up to 14 days, so more than likely it is sitting at the factory in Flat Rock due to closure on March 20th. I have a GT500 CFTP in the same situation, which was "Produced" on March 6th, but not as yet "Released" according to the Dealer's VVR.
All in good time...........
Sponsored