vxer1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6 Spd Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Thermal R&D exhaust, Blowfish shifter bracket, and a Steeda Enthusiast Stop the hop kit on my 2015 Mustang GT. It has the Performance Pack on it but still felt skittish when getting on the gas in turns. The level of control in the rear of the car jumped about 3 notches. No more back end sliding out unless I really get on the gas and when I do it's controllable. I went with the Enthusiast kit because I wanted the lower control arm spherical bushings. I didn't even get to install those yet because it is a lot of work and I had my hands full when I was installing the subframe bushing supports, braces, and alignment bushings and also installed Ford's spherical spindle bushing (pain in the rear) while the spindle was on the car. I managed to get everything done in one day minus the rear lower control arm bushings.

It was a rough day since I haven't wrenched on a car for 9 hours straight in long time. But, when I fired it up it was worth it. The exhaust is a marvel of modern engineering. Not only does it sound great, but you can keep the growl down if you're trying to avoid unwanted attention by keeping the rpm's below 2500. Did a lot of research before going with the Thermal R&D and it seems most exhausts have a lot of drone at highway speeds. This has zero drone at any speed. It's loud when you want it to be (but probably not as loud as the Borla or Corsa systems) and quiet when you want it to be. Everywhere the car has been since people love that sound. Even the old guys at work smile while plugging their ears.

Finally, the Blowfish shifter bracket. If you're wondering whether or not to go this route or get the MGW or Barton listen up. I considered the Barton and MGW and while they seem great there's something people fail to realize. The MT-82 is a fairly solid transmission. Especially compared to the old T5 in the Fox body and the 5 Speed in my old 2010 Mustang GT. The MT-82 already has fairly short throws. An MGW or Barton will shorten the throw even more, but you may not want that. I like the extra leverage of having the slightly longer throw. It makes it much easier to insure I end up in the intended gear fully. The Blowfish Bracket got rid of the slop in the stock shifter instantly. You will know exactly what gear you are in. I haven't missed a shift since installing it even when rowing hard.

These mods compliment each other perfectly. While the car is pretty close to stock HP it puts power to the ground much better, the shifting is no longer a distraction but a joy, and the sound is angry muscle car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sounds sick!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Which Blowfish bracket did you install? They have several. Just curious.

The sound is still too raspy for my tastes, but like you said, most Coyotes with modified exhausts sound like that. No way is not going to sound raspy opened up like that; it's stupid loud.

OP
OP
vxer1000

vxer1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6 Spd Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Which Blowfish bracket did you install? They have several. Just curious.

The sound is still too raspy for my tastes, but like you said, most Coyotes with modified exhausts sound like that. No way is not going to sound raspy opened up like that; it's stupid loud.

Blowfish Manual Transmission Shifter Support Bracket; MT-82
I got it from American Muscle.

Blowfish Bracket.JPG

Sponsored

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
+1 for the Blowfish bracket. Have mine for 2 years now and is one of the best mods. AM Muscle had one in the open box area about two weeks ago.... If that’s the one you got, it was a crazy good deal.

bseaquist24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang V6
Do you have any cabin videos of the sound?

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Man I really like this and way it sounds. And no drone . . . . 'want"

bseaquist24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang V6
Man I really like this and way it sounds. And no drone . . . . 'want"
Yeah it sounds so good probably the best exhaust system I've heard on video so far
Sponsored