Sponsored

Life After The GT350R?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Thank you! Don’t know what the problem is.
It's not a problem for me. It can be hard to judge how close some assholes are tho.
Sponsored

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
You know I picked up a 993, but I'm also trying to get in line for a GT4 RS ... wish me luck
I put in a deposit for a C8 Z06, but that GT4 RS looks pretty sweet.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Please explain your process. Does your deposit have a guaranteed purchase price attached to it?
I‘ve ordered cars before and they all had guaranteed prices attached to them. Some were actually lowered from the original agreement…truth.
I know my past experiences have nothing to do with current markets and certainly not with the Z06.
A buddy who just took delivery of his C8 convertible within the last month, knew he was paying 5K over when he put down his deposit a few months ago.
I‘ve heard of some ordering specific spec cars, putting down deposits, car comes in and suddenly the price jumps up several thousand. That would piss me off big time. Then again, dealer greed is commonplace.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Its big....

This reminds me of something Master Yoda would say

That is one hell of a build man. The desire to build one definitely attracts me. Im curious how I will feel about my foxbody once its all done.

The MK2 has been a thought. I am really into the Restomod approach so I would probably ruin one with 20" wheels and such.... But a Daytona does call my name often.
If interested in having a cobra, daytona, or gt40 built....check us out at legacy Motorsports llc. We are just west of Indianapolis

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If interested in having a cobra, daytona, or gt40 built....check us out at legacy Motorsports llc. We are just west of Indianapolis
I have always dreamt of building a Cobra and have choice of multiple motors (from plain alluminators ro
cross plane /flat plane 5.2’s) available.

I am in Indy so I am going to have to stop by sometime to discuss some options .

Sponsored

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Please explain your process. Does your deposit have a guaranteed purchase price attached to it?
I‘ve ordered cars before and they all had guaranteed prices attached to them. Some were actually lowered from the original agreement…truth.
I know my past experiences have nothing to do with current markets and certainly not with the Z06.
A buddy who just took delivery of his C8 convertible within the last month, knew he was paying 5K over when he put down his deposit a few months ago.
I‘ve heard of some ordering specific spec cars, putting down deposits, car comes in and suddenly the price jumps up several thousand. That would piss me off big time. Then again, dealer greed is commonplace.
Macmulkin here in NH is #2 Corvette dealer in the world. I'm learning as I go, but when you order, the price is MSRP, + $400 for paperwork. The $2k deposit gets you on their list to order (since Z06 is not yet in production). At some point, they will begin to get allocation, and I will need to specify options, which will set total MSRP, and the order will go to GM. The $2K deposit is refundable until my specific car gets scheduled for build in Bowling Green. I'm over #1000 on their list, and probably won't make the 2022 production run, so I've got some time to think it over.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I have always dreamt of building a Cobra and have choice of multiple motors (from plain alluminators ro
cross plane /flat plane 5.2’s) available.

I am in Indy so I am going to have to stop by sometime to discuss some options .
Absolutely! You'll get a kick out of the shop! I personally like putting coyotes with 6 spd and irs in them. Gives some comfort with crazy performance!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So 4 pages so far and nothing from the OP. Driveby?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hate to say I told ya so: No life after GT350(R)
The only reason anyone would sell these cars right now is to capitalize on the (inflated) high value. I don't think I will ever sell mine, so I agree, there is no life after the R. If you want something else, you just buy another car, you don't dump one of these.......

In the words of the diceman..... Little boy blue

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The only reason anyone would sell these cars right now is to capitalize on the (inflated) high value. I don't think I will ever sell mine, so I agree, there is no life after the R. If you want something else, you just buy another car, you don't dump one of these.......

Some of us have extremely limited space. I already have to park 2 of my cars in a rental space, 2 in the garage, and 2 on the street. Adding cars means finding more space to rent or moving something else to the street, which I'm not comfortable with. Urban life has its benefits, but space for multiple cars is definitely not one of them.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R

Tom

I think Dice said
……”little boy BLEW”.

But he wasn’t socially correct either

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'd own a GT4RS in a heartbeat if I actually tracked cars these days. Seems like even more of a waste than our 350s that some of us dont really track. At least with the 350, you can have fun driving slow...I think with the GT4RS, you'd really need to be wringing it out to enjoy it...for that reason, I think the normal GT4 is the street bargain.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I'd own a GT4RS in a heartbeat if I actually tracked cars these days. Seems like even more of a waste than our 350s that some of us dont really track. At least with the 350, you can have fun driving slow...I think with the GT4RS, you'd really need to be wringing it out to enjoy it...for that reason, I think the normal GT4 is the street bargain.
I have a GT350R and 2016 GT4. I am still forming opinions on the GT4, but my initial feeling is that the GT350R is more “fun” and had more character. The GT4 does feel like a proper sports car. Amazing turn in and steering response. Just not as much theater. I do like the engine noise in the cabin. It feels special as well. I think you need a proper road with turns to appreciate the GT4. In a moderate road with few turns it is not special.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I have a GT350R and 2016 GT4. I am still forming opinions on the GT4, but my initial feeling is that the GT350R is more “fun” and had more character. The GT4 does feel like a proper sports car. Amazing turn in and steering response. Just not as much theater. I do like the engine noise in the cabin. It feels special as well. I think you need a proper road with turns to appreciate the GT4. In a moderate road with few turns it is not special.
Here's the best part - I might still be in the GT4 game - but for the wife :) 718. But I agree with everything. I rented a GT4 for the day in Germany when they first came out. Spent the day driving roads between Nurburg and Belgium (we road tripped to Spa for lunch). I did love the car and honestly, I was SUPER in love as this was probably my first real experience with a proper sports car. My love for Mustang and the 350R really pulled it all together, so personally I couldn't trade it...but if I can get my wife to add one to her garage.... Yes please! :)
Sponsored