Sponsored

LETS TALK ALIGNMENT

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I think from my reading that there two ways to setup the car.

1. Best car handling track

2. Even tire wear, longest life.

3? Easy road driving, no trimming

So lets hear your favorite settings and why, also lets use Michelin and if R and non-R are different?
:shrug:
:confused:
:focus::focus::focus::focus:
Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you never had the problem of a car/truck that eats tires and ford says its within factory spec's.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im running -2 front -1 something rear. In my experience -2 doesnt really have a huge impact on tire life at least on my cars in the past.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im running -2 front -1 something rear. In my experience -2 doesnt really have a huge impact on tire life at least on my cars in the past.
-2 camber in the front has a negligible effect on tire wear, but is the best all around setting for the track and handling. I wouldn't bother going back and forth for track and street.

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
so you never had the problem of a car/truck that eats tires and ford says its within factory spec's.
Nope...but the Shelby is the first Ford I've purchased since my Probe GT in the late 90s (fun to drive but piece of poo). A week after I bought my R I got a 17' Focus ST to be my DD. So will def be curious to see folks' experience on this topic.

I don't know if it will help or not but I did get a tire+wheel warranty and it was sold as 'no questions asked'. It better be for $2k or $12k replacement costs respectively. Will give Ford benefit of the doubt as thus far my experience with them and my dealer has been very positive.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Nope...but the Shelby is the first Ford I've purchased since my Probe GT in the late 90s (fun to drive but piece of poo). A week after I bought my R I got a 17' Focus ST to be my DD. So will def be curious to see folks' experience on this topic.

I don't know if it will help or not but I did get a tire+wheel warranty and it was sold as 'no questions asked'. It better be for $2k or $12k replacement costs respectively. Will give Ford benefit of the doubt as thus far my experience with them and my dealer has been very positive.
No questions asked? That can't be serious is it? So they offered you a warranty at X dollars but wouldn't allow you to inquire what the limit is in regards to coverage? I'd BET my R itself that the wheel/tire warranty coverage won't cover a full set of R carbon wheels. I paid $1500 for tire/wheel on my AMG, and that policy capped out at $7500 or 5 years whichever came first. Considering the warranty with Ford probably cost well under $1000, you can bet it isn't going to cover a full set of wheels+tires (which the warranty caps typically emulate) at about $15K or more.

I'd definitely ask about that if I were you, and if the cap isn't to your satisfaction for the money paid, I'd be looking for a refund!

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
No questions asked? That can't be serious is it? So they offered you a warranty at X dollars but wouldn't allow you to inquire what the limit is in regards to coverage? I'd BET my R itself that the wheel/tire warranty coverage won't cover a full set of R carbon wheels. I paid $1500 for tire/wheel on my AMG, and that policy capped out at $7500 or 5 years whichever came first. Considering the warranty with Ford probably cost well under $1000, you can bet it isn't going to cover a full set of wheels+tires (which the warranty caps typically emulate) at about $15K or more.

I'd definitely ask about that if I were you, and if the cap isn't to your satisfaction for the money paid, I'd be looking for a refund!
The internet sucks...'no questions asked' as in if there is some sort of defect in workmanship, etc that causes failure Ford will replace them no questions asked. Additionally if tires pick up nails, debris, etc and cannot be patched they will replace it free of charge. Dealer gave example of F350 they had replaced tires on 6-7x as it was used for construction. And the CF wheels on my R were used as a specific example of wheel coverage so be careful before betting your R on it. Fair point I should check on an actual cap in the fine print but I really do think this dealer would make it right even if Ford didnt (maybe im deluded/naive but it truly has been a great experience so far).

I think it was ~$3k or so for that tire warranty...will check later. The most expensive warranty I bought was extended bumper to bumper 6yr/75k miles...which they said they do not offer very often.

Edit: Apologies to OP for the warranty sidebar.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
FP recommended Track settings on my track pack. It made the car unreal in terms of grip and handling. No negative impact on tire wear. Limiting factor was the tires.

I will drive my R stock for a while to see how she feels and sounds. Then ill align it to FP track spec ans throw on my Borla Atak:eyebulge:

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SAMPLE

ANYBODY ELSE
alignment.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm punching out as much camber as I can and leaving it. If you're not driving like a maniac on the streets, a few degrees of camber isn't going to blow your tires away.
Sponsored