Sponsored

Lethal Performance- Spend Your Money Elsewhere

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I purchased a pypes catback exhaust through Lethal Performance and received the package from UPS badly damaged. One of the exhaust pipes and all the hardware was missing from the package. The one exhaust pipe that I did received was dented on both ends. It appeared the damage was from being poorly packaged. I contacted Lethal and sent them pictures. They contacted pypes who opened a claim with UPS. I returned the package to UPS and they denied the claim. I gave lethal performance several weeks to make it right and did not contact my credit card company. After the UPS claim was denied lethal told me they canā€™t do anything unless pypes refunds them. I have received damaged or missing goods from other merchants and never had a problem getting a new one sent out or a refund. Lethal makes a probably with one of their suppliers the customerā€™s problem. I recommend you shop anywhere else than lethal because if you have a problem you will be in for a battle to get things fixed.
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Contact Jarad on FB. He'll make it right if the fault isn't yours.

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Thanks for the info, Iā€™ll try giving it a shot. According to Nick at Lethal someone higher up than him is the one who denied my refund at this point. It definitely isnā€™t my fault. UPS dropped the package off with a shotty tape job over a large hole in the box.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Hey, there.

Give me a call Tomorrow and weā€™ll get this figured out for you. Iā€™m sure Nick was doing his best working with Pypes, but I will get on the phone with them and see if we can get this ironed out.

I apologize for the hiccup along the way.

Matt

Sponsored

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
I wont buy from them anymore either, their customer service is great before you purchase after the fact is the complete opposite.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
I've been dealing with Lethal for about 16 years. No issues. Is it possible that something might crop up in the future, sure. But, after all this time they have banked enough goodwill that they will get the benefit of the doubt to be able to work it through.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hey, there.

Give me a call Tomorrow and weā€™ll get this figured out for you. Iā€™m sure Nick was doing his best working with Pypes, but I will get on the phone with them and see if we can get this ironed out.

Matt
Hello; I am just a lurker watching this thread. Will be interested in finding out what you do.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I wont buy from them anymore either, their customer service is great before you purchase after the fact is the complete opposite.
Since Matt will be handling OP, going to message you for specifics so we can aim to improve our post-sale customer satisfaction.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Hey, there.

Matt
I will give you a call tomorrow. The whole situation is extremely disappointing to me. As soon as you guys received the pics I should have had a replacement sent out or been refunded. I chose to order from Lethal Performance, not Pypes directly. If Pypes is dicking around that should be something you guys handle and not make it the customerā€™s problem. Lethal chose to be a dealer for Pypes, as far as Iā€™m concerned as the customer, you guys are responsible for making the customer whole. It shouldnā€™t come down to me posting on a forum to get this situated.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I will give you a call tomorrow. The whole situation is extremely disappointing to me. As soon as you guys received the pics I should have had a replacement sent out or been refunded. I chose to order from Lethal Performance, not Pypes directly. If Pypes is dicking around that should be something you guys handle and not make it the customerā€™s problem. Lethal chose to be a dealer for Pypes, as far as Iā€™m concerned as the customer, you guys are responsible for making the customer whole. It shouldnā€™t come down to me posting on a forum to get this situated.
Indeed, their response makes no sense at all, and you're way more patient about this than I would have been. I'd be contacting my credit card company for a charge-back after that ridiculous response. Only had to do that once in recent years (funnily enough, that was also a vendor advertising here I think). Had the money back in my account about a week later via the CC company.

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for sharing your story.

Please update us because I will not do business with them if they don't make this right.

Lethal performance needs to take care of their customers.

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I woke up to an email from Lethal saying they will be refunding me. Paypal shows the refund as pending so I will update once the refund is actually in my account. I donā€™t know if the refund was based on this thread or because the dispute I filed with my credit card yesterday. Either way, if they could refund it today they should have been able to refund it much sooner as that would have been the right thing and avoided this thread and losing a customer. After this ordeal over a $500 exhaust system I will never order from Lethal again. I was planning to order my whipple kit from Lethal during the next whipple sale but if they caused this much grief over a $500 exhaust, I can only imagine the headache if something was wrong with a $7,000 kit. Thanks to all those who viewed and replied to this thread. When you are looking to make a purchase choose wisely.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. You'd figure they would package it a lot better than that if it was in stock at lethal and due for shipping. @beefcake from team beefcake racing makes sure that never happens. I can attest to that first hand.
Sponsored