OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yes.

It won't match the contour/shape of the resonator delete pipe at the X section. Using a 4" grinder with a cut-off wheel, it is easy to slice right across it in a few seconds.

And to the earlier comment with respect to warranty. The resonator delete pipe is precisely what Ford did to the GT350 exhaust system when creating the R model. As they put it so eloquently "exhaust resonators also have been removed for weight savings with the benefit of creating a sharper exhaust tone."
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...y-gt350r-picks-up-new-chassis-technology.html

Luck O’ 7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 2020 Lincoln Aviator 2019 Ford F-250 King Ranch 2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniv #365 Roush Supercharger 2005 Ford Excursion 1974 Ford Bronco 1955 Ford Fairlane
Yes.

It won't match the contour/shape of the resonator delete pipe at the X section. Using a 4" grinder with a cut-off wheel, it is easy to slice right across it in a few seconds.

And to the earlier comment with respect to warranty. The resonator delete pipe is precisely what Ford did to the GT350 exhaust system when creating the R model. As they put it so eloquently "exhaust resonators also have been removed for weight savings with the benefit of creating a sharper exhaust tone."
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...y-gt350r-picks-up-new-chassis-technology.html
Cmom I’m dying to hear you fire this up! LOL, No really.....

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on something to finish up and then I promise, I will.
:)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on something to finish up and then I promise, I will.
:)
Dammit, you got me contemplating getting one of these now.........

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
Very nice write up Epiphany.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I especially liked the Ball Peen Hammer idea! Nice write up.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finished this one up today. Temps were in the single digits and without heat in my shop I was freezing my ass off. I was nearly done last time I posted but had the wrong clamps at the rear as I was given 3" clamps and the kit was supposed to come with 2.75" clamps. I pm'd Logan at Lethal and he got on the horn immediately and had the right clamps overnighted to me so I could finish up. Superb customer service that I really appreciate!

20200214_125016-L.jpg

20200214_132939-XL.jpg

I swapped out the rear clamps and the system tightened up and became as rigid as a welded assembly. I then added the heat shield using the included straps. Once tight, you can trim and fold any "tail" over (this shot was taken before I was done).

20200214_165112-L.jpg

Note - these types of straps (for the heat shield) are of the "snug" variety so don't go batshit crazy trying to impart huge amounts of leverage on them. Snug them up, trim the ends and call it good. That said, I like mine tight so I always find a way to trash at least one of these (when doing header wrap, etc) so I keep some extra on hand. If you ruin one don't despair, you can find straps like this in the electrical section at Home Depot. The ones I'm showing are the perfect length with little or no extra to trim.

20200214_181323-X2.jpg

Everything in place, I double checked to make sure all the clamps were tight and that I was clear to fire this phat ass up and hear what she had to say. A clean install to my eye.

20200214_171740_001-X2.jpg

My apologies for now as temps were approaching zero with snow and ice on the roads. So I used my cell phone to at least try to capture the difference between modes with the car up on my lift. I did in-car with windows down, then with the driver side door open, and finished at the rear and outside of the car. Best I can do for now. In person is sounds perfect. The difference between this and stock is very much like the difference between the regular GT350 and the R Model. Quiet Mode is still quiet and at no point is it stupid loud or sounding like ass. System is tight, leak, and vibration free. More when Mother Nature leaves town.

Huge thanks to Lethal for offering this as well as ensuring I had everything I was supposed to have. Much appreciated.

Tob

Last edited:

Luck O’ 7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 2020 Lincoln Aviator 2019 Ford F-250 King Ranch 2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniv #365 Roush Supercharger 2005 Ford Excursion 1974 Ford Bronco 1955 Ford Fairlane
I finished this one up today. Temps were in the single digits and without heat in my shop I was freezing my ass off. I was nearly done last time I posted but had the wrong clamps at the rear as I was given 3" clamps and the kit was supposed to come with 2.75" clamps. I pm'd Logan at Lethal and he got on the horn immediately and had the right clamps overnighted to me so I could finish up. Superb customer service that I really appreciate!

20200214_125016-L.jpg

20200214_132939-XL.jpg

I swapped out the rear clamps and the system tightened up and became as rigid as a welded assembly. I then added the heat shield using the included straps. Once tight, you can trim and fold any "tail" over (this shot was taken before I was done).

20200214_165112-L.jpg

Note - these types of straps (for the heat shield) are of the "snug" variety so don't go batshit crazy trying to impart huge amounts of leverage on them. Snug them up, trim the ends and call it good. That said, I like mine tight so I always find a way to trash at least one of these (when doing header wrap, etc) so I keep some extra on hand. If you ruin one don't despair, you can find straps like this in the electrical section at Home Depot. The ones I'm showing are the perfect length with little or no extra to trim.

20200214_181323-X2.jpg

Everything in place, I double checked to make sure all the clamps were tight and that I was clear to fire this phat ass up and hear what she had to say. A clean install to my eye.

20200214_171740_001-X2.jpg

My apologies for now as temps were approaching zero with snow and ice on the roads. So I used my cell phone to at least try to capture the difference between modes with the car up on my lift. I did in-car with windows down, then with the driver side door open, and finished at the rear and outside of the car. Best I can do for now. In person is sounds perfect. The difference between this and stock is very much like the difference between the regular GT350 and the R Model. Quiet is still quiet and at no point is it stupid loud or sounding like ass. System is tight, leak, and vibration free. More when Mother Nature leaves town.

Huge thanks to Lethal for offering this as well as ensuring I had everything I was supposed to have. Much appreciated.

Tob
Finally....no really great work and video and having the intestinal fortitude to get this to us in that brutal cold. Grew up on the Illinois/Wisconsin borders don’t miss that. Anyway ordered my resonator delete, will be delivered Wednesday in Fort Worth. Well done Tob

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I needed to take my gloves off plenty of times and within 30 seconds the cold went right to the bone. I worked in this kind of weather for some 25 years and am really tired of it and I envy the move you made to Texas. If you notice in the video you see that the tailpipes were spewing condensate the whole time, warmed up or not. Oil pressure was at 125psi when I fired the car up. Notice the screen display shows 18° which was off by 10°. I have two thermometers in the shop and they both disagreed with the car. So did I.:)

20200214_172154.jpg

Anyway, great to see others feel the same about this mod as I do. And I was too early for it but Lethal offering 10% off (use the code CUPID at checkout) this weekend really is a plus.

You guys are going to enjoy this one.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I just LOVE images, Tob and always enjoy seeing one of your posts. As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words and while I'm not in the market for an exhaust project at the moment, I have bookmarked your post for future reference. :-)

As for the car's OAT, no doubt without airflow, all those kilowatts of heat from the engine motor thingy probably affect the temp sensor. I'm guessing the car's indicated temp was 10 degrees warmer?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. As soon as I got in the car I saw it and I was like, eh, this is wrong. It was spot on on my 1,000 mile trip home though.

And trust me on the progression. You always want more as time passes. No long tubes for me or drone happy high flow mufflers so this should keep me satisfied with the sound for the duration.