Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Considering your experience, Tob, I'd say the odds are pretty good that I'll also get the itch down the road. :-) But no droning for me, either..God I HATE that harmonic.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I finished this one up today. Temps were in the single digits and without heat in my shop I was freezing my ass off. I was nearly done last time I posted but had the wrong clamps at the rear as I was given 3" clamps and the kit was supposed to come with 2.75" clamps. I pm'd Logan at Lethal and he got on the horn immediately and had the right clamps overnighted to me so I could finish up. Superb customer service that I really appreciate!

20200214_125016-L.jpg

20200214_132939-XL.jpg

I swapped out the rear clamps and the system tightened up and became as rigid as a welded assembly. I then added the heat shield using the included straps. Once tight, you can trim and fold any "tail" over (this shot was taken before I was done).

20200214_165112-L.jpg

Note - these types of straps (for the heat shield) are of the "snug" variety so don't go batshit crazy trying to impart huge amounts of leverage on them. Snug them up, trim the ends and call it good. That said, I like mine tight so I always find a way to trash at least one of these (when doing header wrap, etc) so I keep some extra on hand. If you ruin one don't despair, you can find straps like this in the electrical section at Home Depot. The ones I'm showing are the perfect length with little or no extra to trim.

20200214_181323-X2.jpg

Everything in place, I double checked to make sure all the clamps were tight and that I was clear to fire this phat ass up and hear what she had to say. A clean install to my eye.

20200214_171740_001-X2.jpg

My apologies for now as temps were approaching zero with snow and ice on the roads. So I used my cell phone to at least try to capture the difference between modes with the car up on my lift. I did in-car with windows down, then with the driver side door open, and finished at the rear and outside of the car. Best I can do for now. In person is sounds perfect. The difference between this and stock is very much like the difference between the regular GT350 and the R Model. Quiet Mode is still quiet and at no point is it stupid loud or sounding like ass. System is tight, leak, and vibration free. More when Mother Nature leaves town.

Huge thanks to Lethal for offering this as well as ensuring I had everything I was supposed to have. Much appreciated.

Tob
where did you get the clamps ??

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yup, kit is complete. Two of the clamps in my kit were the wrong size but I let Lethal know and they took care of the issue immediately. Zero complaints, a well thought out kit with some superb craftsmanship in terms of the fabricated pipe. If I was buying another GT500 I'd have another Lethal resonator delete kit on order and it would be my first mod all over again.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I think you have convinced me, Tob. :-)

Edit: Ordered...3.5 Ben Franklins with free ground shipping. Now to find a shop to duit. Not thrilled with the idea of doing it with the car only up about twenty-four inches on the QJ. I love a Sawz-All but I think I'd rather have a pro who is standing, do it. I'm just too darn old for brakes, clutches, and exhausts. <grin>What's a few more Bens among friends, right? The rhyme was unplanned, believe me. :-)

Thanks again, Lethal.

Last edited:

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Tob: Read over all your original posts again, excellent stuff and perzactly how my "paid for" install went. (The shop owner allowed me to get in the pit and watch." :cool:

But, other than LP and PBD, I didn't see any real A-B audio comparisons. So, before going to the shop, I did some recording and repeated same upon return. Put a short clip together then sent it to The Toob for those thinking about the mod.

VERY happy with the change in tone and volume and, Ken says it's another five horsies. :cool:

The best news so far though is I have not been able to reproduce the drone I'd get with the stock resonators. I hope that continues.

Recommended.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It took me over a year to convince you. Well worth it.

:)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And did you get a cold beer for all your efforts ? Noooooo ! :crying:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Kent, Looks like your tips are leaning down a bit, but it sounds great!

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
It took me over a year to convince you. Well worth it.

:)
Hey, I helped... a little. Maybe. I dropped the ball on the before and after audio clips tho. Not that the true nature of the sound comes through YT videos.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Tob: I get slower every day. <smiling> Definitely worth it.

War: Yep, took her back over and had the mech tack each side once we had them level again. (They were dead level when I left the first time but the clamps let the pipes rotate as so many others have mentioned.)

She's fine now...

1630100817029.png