Sponsored

Leasing - Best Times

If I want to lease an Ecoboost, should I lease:

• During a sales event, Mustang has good lease deals during these times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At the end of any month, Mustang doesn’t have good lease deals during sales events

• When next model year (2020) comes out, lease the 2019, it’ll have better lease deals than the 2020

• When next model year (2020) comes out, lease the 2020 it’ll have better lease deals than the 2019

• Total voters

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
I want to lease Mustang Ecoboost (ideally by this summer), however, I don’t know whether to lease at the end of this month or wait until at least Memorial Day weekend. Or even to wait until the 2020 comes out to lease either the 19 or the 20.

Do Mustangs have good lease deals during sales events or the next model year release date/weekend? Or do I just lease whenever provided there are decent enough incentives (i.e. Mustangs don’t have any particularly good deals during sales events)?

(I also heard Mustangs lease terribly - really high monthly payments, what do you guys think?)
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
(I also heard Mustangs lease terribly - really high monthly payments, what do you guys think?)

It's all in the numbers, but one of the factors that impact the lease is the residual. That's the estimate of the value after the lease duration - essentially you're paying for the deprecation (plus interest, plus tax, fees, etc.), so the less the car is worth after X months, the more you pay. The leasing company may also hedge their bets with a costly interest rate, so make a conservative estimate of the residual, but cover another $K in value hit through interest.

For the record, I like leases when they're a good fit (several factors here), and the financial particulars are excellent.