Launch Control ?

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Trust me ive dragged race all my life and have tested lots of LC and this is the first one that revs go down from the set point and that feels like the car boggs down.
and it is bogging down...because power is being cut. purely a loss of traction issue. untill you get better tires and the back end locked down....launch control is worthless.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
UPDATE: My car was bogging down using LC. How i avoided this: i used LC set rpms to 4500rpms and i did PRELOAD with the clutch pedal! Amazing how this car launches.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Launch control does not boog the car down,traction control and advance traction do.I use launch control and have 1.7 60 ft times.You might be feeling the clutch protection which is in the torque management area of the pcm.I had alot of issues with that, but!!!! If your not turning of your advance trac control it will do excatly what these guys are saying

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Launch control does not boog the car down,traction control and advance traction do.I use launch control and have 1.7 60 ft times.You might be feeling the clutch protection which is in the torque management area of the pcm.I had alot of issues with that, but!!!! If your not turning of your advance trac control it will do excatly what these guys are saying
Did you take care of the torque management through tuning? It bogs me down sometimes.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did you take care of the torque management through tuning? It bogs me down sometimes.
Yes i went with the lund ff tune,i also specifically ask them to tune out as much of the clutch as possible.I will find out this weekend when i launch my car at the track.I only had problems at the track,good prep and drag radials on.Also side note,i was told from someone at sct that if u dont take advanced torque management classes then u cannot tune that area even if u are a sct dealer.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Its not my case did multiple runs using LC and it never boggs down but indeed i have to preload the drivetrain using the clutch pedal. Also if you turn off traction control you no longer can use LC it reads RPM.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
My launch control doesn't go high enough , if I launch under 5500 it bogs . If I use launch control my car looks like a porpoise and I get 2.+ 60ft .

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Well what i do to preload the drivetrain i do a quick slip with the clutch pedal.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Its not my case did multiple runs using LC and it never boggs down but indeed i have to preload the drivetrain using the clutch pedal. Also if you turn off traction control you no longer can use LC it reads RPM.
I have used my launch control with trac and advance trac off many times.Their have been times when i had to turn the car off and back on to get it to work though.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
My launch control doesn't go high enough , if I launch under 5500 it bogs . If I use launch control my car looks like a porpoise and I get 2.+ 60ft .
My buddy has that problem with slicks,but with drag radials i have not had that problem.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I have used my launch control with trac and advance trac off many times.Their have been times when i had to turn the car off and back on to get it to work though.
When i turn off traction control it says on the screen Launch Control not available. And the lc turns into rpms does this happen to you?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
When i turn off traction control it says on the screen Launch Control not available. And the lc turns into rpms doacceleration en to you?
No not at all,sometimes it will say launch control not available but it still works.Side note when u use launch control u have to push the accelerator pedal fast or it will redline on u.
Sponsored