Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A very well written letter. It shows emotion and angst. I certainly hope you feel better after writing it. Unfortunately here's where it's going if anyone in Dearborn reads it........
313-UD1G3lL.jpg
I’m sure it’s already there but I don’t care, because when Ford hits rock bottom there will be no Lee Iacocca to bail them out but hey maybe our government will throw them a few bucks at our expense.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m sure it’s already there but I don’t care, because when Ford hits rock bottom there will be no Lee Iacocca to bail them out but hey maybe our government will throw them a few bucks at our expense.
If Ford were to fail 175,000 people would lose there jobs creating economic havoc worldwide. The government would have to step in costing all of us more in taxes and lost services. All this because of a car name. Not sure its really worth that. How about we just get rid of the idiots that actually made this moronic decision :)

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Oh and I’m sure this whole Mustang experiment will expand to other models before it fails. Can’t wait for the biodiesel electric mustang 1-50 truck, or the mustang or the e-mustang connect transit van it’s just stupid.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you do not mind me by asking.... What age group? I do find an extreme difference between ages. My group (20-30) have the view that I explained in my previous post while (40-50) have the exact opposite view.
Varied, but no one older than I am (55). Co-workers that are mostly much younger and not just the US. My company is in almost every country. Also, neighbors/friends/family. EV's are almost never brought up and when they are, mostly the negatives are talked about. Now on the other hand, there are 32 EV's registered where I work. this is out of about 8k cars. A few of the folks that I know at work and home that have them, like them for certain reasons, but dislike them for others. The negative ranges from, it is a pain to need to plug it in every day, It cost a lot to get a fast charger installed, not all public chargers work or have the right plug, the interior is very plain and boring (my fav), we can't use it for anything other than short trips and daily commute and they are expensive to buy. The positives are, they are quiet driving down the road, I can use no hands to drive, I am doing my part to save the planet (yet their other cars are ICE) and they look pretty nice. For the folks at work they also add that they get a parking spot close to the entrance as that is where the chargers are. My company is a top eco friendly company and has free to use chargers (lvl 2) at many large campuses powered by solar. If you were to look at the parking lots in general you will see mostly CUV's/SUV's and in the summer months a whole assortment of sporty cars. There are sedans, but they are definitely the smallest group by far. My company is fortune 50 and pays a lot even to young kids out of college, so maybe it is not reflective of the average. As a final note, I manage about 30 people globally in 5 countries other than the US and no one has a EV, but two have hybrids (both Toyota).

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
A very well written letter. It shows emotion and angst. I certainly hope you feel better after writing it. Unfortunately here's where it's going if anyone in Dearborn reads it........
313-UD1G3lL.jpg
Actually it depends on who reads it. It may make it to the "sentimental cork board" as I am sure there are still many in Dearborn that love their Mustangs and feel the same way.

Sponsored

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
The American automobile industry has become a farce. The are plenty of "cars" being made by Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, VW, BMW, MB, & Audi. Many are built right here in the good old US of A.

People will be buying more Honda's, Nissan's, Toyota's, Mazda's, VW's, BMW's, MB's, & Audi's. There will be no issue here.

Well the folks in Europe have a decade to worry about. We will sit back and watch.
Nah, the foreign options are also a farce, what with their anemic engines and CVT transmissions. In fact, CVTs have such a bad reputation that a new marketing term has been created to refer to them now as IVTs as in "Intelligently Variable Transmissions". :crazy:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Zack, let everyone believe what they want. The issue is "what if"? If the environmentalists are right and we do nothing, somewhere way, way down the line the Earth goes puff. On the other hand if those of you who think this is all just a big hoax, like everything else these days, are right great, maybe we reduce pollution a little bit and things go on the way they always have. But if the hoaxers are wrong and we do nothing, again the Earth goes puff. In 2 of 3 the cases the Earth eventually goes puff. Regardless of the outcome our ICE engines are going puff. It's not a matter of if, it's when. So instead of bashing the environmentalists why not meet them halfway and listen to what they have to say. Other than saving the Earth what else do you have to lose?
So what will happen first, the earth becomes unlivable because of humans or the sun goes poof? Either way we are toast.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Nah, the foreign options are also a farce, what with their anemic engines and CVT transmissions. In fact, CVTs have such a bad reputation that a new marketing term has been created to refer to them now as IVTs as in "Intelligently Variable Transmissions". :crazy:
So how about the Mazda 3 & 6. The Golf GTI, Jetta, & Passat. All good cars, some with manual tranny's. And Audi's, MB's & BMW's. No CVT's there. Even some decent Toyota's with 8 speed auto's. And do not forget Ford still make sedans in Europe. They only dropped them in the US. Lots of good cars out there. But if none of these float your boat you can always take this.........
edf382d11e654c17a1a4b9761271d687.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
So how about the Mazda 3 & 6. The Golf GTI, Jetta, & Passat. All good cars, some with manual tranny's. And Audi's, MB's & BMW's. No CVT's there. Even some decent Toyota's with 8 speed auto's. And do not forget Ford still make sedans in Europe. They only dropped them in the US. Lots of good cars out there. But if none of these float your boat you can always take this.........
edf382d11e654c17a1a4b9761271d687.jpg
Id like to buy that

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
CVT's are pretty rare over here in Europe and most of those are not actually European made vehicles. Don't equate engine size with performance ! The true joke was how little power US makers got out of their colossal V8's in the 80's and 90's ! Nothing wrong with the 1.5 3 cylinder Ecoboost producing 200PS

Sponsored

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Its all about money for ford i saw a pice on you tube about ford building and killing the maverick. The part that stuck out to me was they gave the sticker price for then and what that price would be today with inflation the Mustang was over 3700 then or 18000 todays dollar so why are you look at a 35000 starting price. Money and the ev is the new hotness with its coal powered plugin earth saving grace. I am 36 years old and nothing sounds better to me than my 5.0.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the Mustang was over 3700 then or 18000 todays dollar
try again. 3,700 in 1968 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $27,346.83
The official inflation figures are an absolute lie but based on them, it's 27k.

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
try again. 3,700 in 1968 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $27,346.83
The official inflation figures are an absolute lie but based on them, it's 27k.
I did not remember the numbers and the video was a few years old. Thanks for doing the math on it i was way off but is still not the 35000 we see for a base GT

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
CVT's are pretty rare over here in Europe and most of those are not actually European made vehicles. Don't equate engine size with performance ! The true joke was how little power US makers got out of their colossal V8's in the 80's and 90's ! Nothing wrong with the 1.5 3 cylinder Ecoboost producing 200PS
Nothing other than an inline 3 being one of the poorer configurations where balance and smooth running are concerned. Yeah, I guess you could balance-shaft it, but that's really just putting a band-aid on a third-rate configuration.

I've had a vehicle with a 3-cylinder engine.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Nothing other than an inline 3 being one of the poorer configurations where balance and smooth running are concerned. Yeah, I guess you could balance-shaft it, but that's really just putting a band-aid on a third-rate configuration.

I've had a vehicle with a 3-cylinder engine.

Norm
Norm you need to try a more modern engine. I test drove an Escape with the 1.5 engine and it was pretty sweet. Not the power of my wifes 2.0 but more than enough to move the car. Also as smooth as can be.
Sponsored