Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So, put it on drag mode (D or S does it make a difference?) , hold traction control 5 sec, do quick burn out to get them warm at least ( are you guys using line lock?) stage, 2000 k rpm smash accelerator down (i'm guessing that part will depend on tires of course) and enjoy.

Those that sounds about right?
I think you hold the switch around 8 seconds to turn everything off. Put the car in Dragmode S, paddle to first. I would go through the water box to dry spot (we can't drive around or back into it), press brake firmly enough to hold car and just give it gas until the tires start spinning then let them spin as I move up to the tree, letting of the brake. Then I drop it back into D mode, stage, brake, gas to 1500-2krpm and smash on the 3rd yellow.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i havent used line lock on this one but in my manual i used it many times with no issue. i dont see why wouldnt use it here

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
I think you hold the switch around 8 seconds to turn everything off. Put the car in Dragmode S, paddle to first. I would go through the water box to dry spot (we can't drive around or back into it), press brake firmly enough to hold car and just give it gas until the tires start spinning then let them spin as I move up to the tree, letting of the brake. Then I drop it back into D mode, stage, brake, gas to 1500-2krpm and smash on the 3rd yellow.
Cool thanks :headbang: Im might be going to one of those private track rental days in a couple of weeks and it is my first time in an auto, so just wanted to double check on that.

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
i havent used line lock on this one but in my manual i used it many times with no issue. i dont see why wouldnt use it here
Yeah I used it all the time with my Manual,

But I've read a couple of post from ppl commenting that their cars re engaged SC/TC after the use of line lock. Don't know if was driver error or programming bug, so just wanted see what people where doing on this new transmissions, that drag mode is no joke when everything is off :)

Last edited:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
You don't have to be in S to use drag mode, in D it works fine, no need to paddle to 1st. Hold TC button for 6 seconds, set drag mode before you pull up to the burn out box, do your routine for cleaning or warming up the tires and TC/ADV Trac will stay off and drage mode will stay on.

I've found with the all season Goodyears on my 20's I can't go past 1900 or the tires will start spinning but I do hit 1.9 60 ft with them. I have a video of me stalling at 2000 and the tires started breaking loose.

I'm going to the drag strip this Friday giving it the old college try to do better than 12.2@114.

Sponsored

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You don't have to be in S to use drag mode, in D it works fine, no need to paddle to 1st. Hold TC button for 6 seconds, set drag mode before you pull up to the burn out box, do your routine for cleaning or warming up the tires and TC/ADV Trac will stay off and drage mode will stay on.

I've found with the all season Goodyears on my 20's I can't go past 1900 or the tires will start spinning but I do hit 1.9 60 ft with them. I have a video of me stalling at 2000 and the tires started breaking loose.

I'm going to the drag strip this Friday giving it the old college try to do better than 12.2@114.
Thinking about going this weekend as well- So in D+Drag its enough to properly heat up the radials w/o the need of paddling to 1st?

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Thinking about going this weekend as well- So in D+Drag its enough to properly heat up the radials w/o the need of paddling to 1st?
on street tires I would try to go around the water and just back into the damp patch at the edge of the water... you dont need water all up in the tire tread. burnout gear doesnt realy matter because all your trying to do is clean off the tires. once they start spinning let off the brake and let it roll out til the tires bite. Make sure you're in drive before you stage.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
i got many many ,many back to back 1.80 60's in drag mode and just a quick click up on the tc toggle...I just got tuned by lund jr. and sent him my best 1/4 mile run as it was a bit slow, but I was in bad air and I wanted to know if torque management was slowing me , and he said my logs showed no interference, he also said the their tunes dont' disable the traction control like they used to
Sponsored