Ok, Ill go there..........

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Since you got video of her hitting you, let's see it. Post it up, we're waiting.

You can upload it to youtube and post a link here.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Looks like itā€™ll just need a new fender. The bumper can possibly be repainted if itā€™s not cracked.
I'd say new bumper, and make sure headlight mounts are not cracked. Headlight costs $1,500 each -- I know because I was side swiped entire left side.

As you can see very little damage to front bumper, but they ordered new bumper and headlight because of the broken mounts.

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00019.JPG

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I'd say new bumper, and make sure headlight mounts are not cracked. Headlight costs $1,500 each -- I know because I was side swiped entire left side.

As you can see very little damage to front bumper, but they ordered new bumper and headlight because of the broken mounts.

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00019.JPG
has your been fixed yet ?

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
This is EXTRA sad because it's Twister Orange too!! Part of my tribe. btw like others said make sure the shop will use Ford OEM replacement parts not after market/3rd party. Being new you have the right to insist on it. As for shops check around ask mechanics in your area if you can. Man I hate seeing this hurt on a TO Mustang, sniff!

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
has your been fixed yet ?
Yes, the body shop did wonders matching paint. It took 3 weeks to get the parts and 1 week to repair. It was a hit and run, the bad guy running a red left turn light. White Nissan sedan.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
My wife was driving my truck and side swiped a chain link fence post because some jack wagon came flying down the road as she was leaving work. I have a Sierra, painted Satin Steel, which has the metallic flake. I was freaking out about the paint matching. Got a new bed sidewall, rear tire, running board and tail light. The body shop did an amazing job. The only spot I notice, and no one else does is the ā€œnon-skidā€ patch at the bottom of the bed, the tape line doesnā€™t blend like the factory side. Iā€™m borderline OCD so I pick it up but no one else does unless I point it out. Luckily USAA insurance has very strict standards for their repair shops.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I also that the body shop dosent touch any other parts of the car. Iā€™ve been told to take a pic/video of my car before giving it for repair even the miles .

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
My wife was driving my truck and side swiped a chain link fence post because some jack wagon came flying down the road as she was leaving work. I have a Sierra, painted Satin Steel, which has the metallic flake. I was freaking out about the paint matching. Got a new bed sidewall, rear tire, running board and tail light. The body shop did an amazing job. The only spot I notice, and no one else does is the ā€œnon-skidā€ patch at the bottom of the bed, the tape line doesnā€™t blend like the factory side. Iā€™m borderline OCD so I pick it up but no one else does unless I point it out. Luckily USAA insurance has very strict standards for their repair shops.
Iā€™m pretty ocd too lol

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Yes, the body shop did wonders matching paint. It took 3 weeks to get the parts and 1 week to repair. It was a hit and run, the bad guy running a red left turn light. White Nissan sedan.
Did you notice any overspray ?

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that you are in titled to a undetectable repair ! Just because the shop says it is done you donā€™t have to accept it . Just remember not to make a deal with the body shop before the repair like waving your deductible, because at that point you have entered into your own deal ! So if you are not totally satisfied donā€™t except it! Your insurance company wants you happy

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
FWIW, before and after of mine.
It's filthy right now, Georgia pollen is terrible, but you can see they did a nice job. Hood and bumper were not painted.

20220201_160452.jpg

20220201_160913.jpg

20220404_171914.jpg

20220404_171929.jpg
Hah! I'm glad to have someone else affirming the pollen here is awful. I feel terrible posting photos with such a dirty car, but... it's filthy again by the time you're done waahing it!
Sponsored