Sponsored

Koons Ford of Baltimore 2015 Mustang Training First Impressions

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I went over to Koons Ford of Baltimore today to checkout the Silver 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium that was brought in for training. Here are some first impressions of the car:

-The car looks fantastic in person and pics do not do it justice.

-This car has the Redline interior that looks very tastefully done. The trainer could not tell me what a non-Redline 68B package gives you other than the white stitching. The mystery continues! :shrug:

-The regular seats are very supportive. I have the Recaro seats in my Shelby and after sitting in these base seats think the Recaro are a waste of money. The only reason to get the Recaro is if you plan to track the car regularly. The base seats are going to hold you really tight in all but the most extreme conditions.

-While you feel closer to the ground the car is actually much roomier. I'm 6'4" 235 and had to actually move the seat up where its all the way back in my Shelby. The telescoping wheel is fantastic, no more banging my leg into the back of the wheel during quick shifts.

-The map lights seem to be the only direct carry over from the existing interior.:tsk:

-The top of the doors have a soft touch plastic but there is still some hard plastic in places. I think my biggest disappointment was the plastic area around the shifter is still a hard plastic.

-Unfortunately the car could not be turned on as the trainer was very protective of any display information around MPG.

-Body panels were pretty well aligned except for the trunk. The trunk sicks out slightly further then the fenders. Hopefully the alignment can be corrected in the production process.

-No more Mustang in the front Window glass. Just a big Ford logo. :tsk:

-I like the smaller steering wheel but would have liked a flat bottom. (maybe on a high-po SE)

-Needless to say I'm a fan of the car and looking forward to driving a GT with the Performance Pack.

*Added bonus of Guard Fusion pic...not a fan
WP_20140804_09_47_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_53_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_53_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_48_15_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_43_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_44_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_09_47_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_10_35_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_10_31_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20140804_10_49_08_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Awesome but the Ford Logo windshield [already debunked) and trunk misalignment are just due to pre production.

Thanks for your impressions. I'm just glad the Sea of 2001 plastic is being minimized.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Thanks for the pics.. any of the trunk.?
It was only open for a minute by the trainer and I forgot to take a pic. Seems pretty spacious and at least as much room as the current Stang.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
I wonder how many people will change their Guard Mustang to something different after seeing the real color? :shrug: I am glad i switched to Magnetic :headbang:

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I wonder how many people will change their Guard Mustang to something different after seeing the real color? :shrug: I am glad i switched to Magnetic :headbang:
Yeah the more and more I see guard I dislike it and I fell in love with guard at the beginning.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Heard it was supposed to have the PP, guess not. Was really looking forward to seeing the EB with the black wheels... o well.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
The red interior works very well with the silver. Glad I went that route.

Sponsored
OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Agreed, it looks really blah in person.

The red interior works very well with the silver. Glad I went that route.
It looks really nice, if I had picked Silver I would have done this as well.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
It was only open for a minute by the trainer and I forgot to take a pic. Seems pretty spacious and at least as much room as the current Stang.
The current trunk is plenty big for most things, its just the opening thats incredibly tiny.
Did you happen to notice if the opening looks bigger? The pics Ive seen make it look like its a couple inches bigger front to back, which would be a very welcome improvement.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yeah the more and more I see guard I dislike it and I fell in love with guard at the beginning.
I loved Guard too at first but now it just seems plain boring to me. They shouldve put more green in it to go the Bullit route.

I agree completely, very happy I went with Magnetic. The only other color I truly contemplated was Ruby Red, which just doesn't always look great, but when it does like someone else here said it is the best standard color. Magnetic to me looks good no matter what on the coupe. Although Guard does look good on the fusion, just don't like it on the mustang anymore. (also proof the mustang isn't a fusion coupe lol)

One more thing, after much deliberation, I'm changing my order to redline as soon as I here back from my sales rep. :headbang: Gonna love it, plus "F" Ford when it comes to details of the ebony 68B vs standard premium. At least redline, it's pretty much known what you're gonna get. I'm sure some more small subtle things might change but it seems like this is what we're gonna get with that package.

Also, I haven't seen it debunked yet as the newer cars are the ones with the Ford emblem on it, but my theory is maybe the Pony is saved for the GT. I don't think i've seen a GT with the blue oval in the window.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The current trunk is plenty big for most things, its just the opening thats incredibly tiny.
Did you happen to notice if the opening looks bigger? The pics Ive seen make it look like its a couple inches bigger front to back, which would be a very welcome improvement.
The opening does look bigger and more level with the bottom of the trunk.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Im a huge fan or red interiors. The Mustang version always looks very flat, boring and disconnected in the pictures I've seen. In person does it "pop" and is it as nice as the BMWs brick red interior?
Sponsored