OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Windows Sticker for the car:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8TH3F5299281

In my opinion, no. Sterling Gray is a very consistent gray color, where Magnetic is almost a black, gray, silver mix depending on the light and angle. Sterling Gray is not as reflective or dynamic as Magnetic, which might be good or bad depending on your opinion.
They had a Magnetic SHO in the showroom today and an Explorer Sport on the lot. It's not black at all and more grey than Sterling Grey and slightly darker. Magnetic doesn't get as light under the sun. I have a Sterling Grey Escape and like Magnetic MUCH better.

Here are pics of the SHO.

http://www.koonsbaltimoreford.com/n...maryland-b4d649b50a0a00656cdb7808f73c234c.htm
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Is Magnetic a metallic paint?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yes and it is glorious :D

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Very much so, it makes my Shelby feel cheap inside.
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm so glad you said that. That has been my fear the whole time.

I had an 08 and went to a 2011 and it never felt much better inside. Even with premium and Saddle interior....it always felt cheap...better looking but cheap.

I'm glad that the 2015 feels better.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Ford really needs to get rid of the faux chrome plastic on the interior, it cheapens an otherwise stunning car. I don't mind plastic, but the faux chrome plastic just screams cheap to me. Maybe it would look too dull in another finish? I could definitely do without it.
But It's Not Faux Chrome Plastic. The Switches and Toggles are Real Solid Aluminum/Metal Pieces and the Shifter and Shift Knob are Solid Metal as well. I sat in the Guard Eco-Boost at Brandon Ford last week and Trust Me, It Looks and Feels VERY UPSCALE. Not Cheap at All. They went All Out on this Car spending Money where it Needed to Be Spent to make this car Feel Much More Expensive than it is. .

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
But It's Not Faux Chrome Plastic. The Switches and Toggles are Real Solid Aluminum/Metal Pieces and the Shifter and Shift Knob are Solid Metal as well. I sat in the Guard Eco-Boost at Brandon Ford last week and Trust Me, It Looks and Feels VERY UPSCALE. Not Cheap at All. They went All Out on this Car spending Money where it Needed to Be Spent to make this car Feel Much More Expensive than it is. .

Ok thanks. I have not see the car in person yet, so maybe I'll change my mind...How about the ring around the cup holder? It just looks auto zone blingy to me.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Yes and it is glorious :D
Awesome, thanks!

Very much so, it makes my Shelby feel cheap inside.
Yeah, the new interior is what is really making me want one of the new cars. The '10+ cars have a much nicer interior than the '05-'09 cars, but nothing like the pics I've seen of the '15.

I've been trying to convince my wife to trade her ST in on an ecoboost Mustang, but she has a thing about hatchbacks and is refusing to trade.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Nice pics. The silver looks really good. That gray on the sho seemed too brownish.
Not brown in person. I feel Sterling is more brownish in sunlight.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Ok thanks. I have not see the car in person yet, so maybe I'll change my mind...How about the ring around the cup holder? It just looks auto zone blingy to me.
That piece I really didn't pay attention to. I think it would look Cheap without it though.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
It could look like this.....

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Nice report thanks. if Looking at the front, the left seam along the hood/fender seems to suffer from a gap/misaligment issue, compared to right...Hopefully preprod issue.

Car looks amazing, but Ford really needs to get rid of the faux chrome plastic on the interior, it cheapens an otherwise stunning car. I don't mind plastic, but the faux chrome plastic just screams cheap to me. Maybe it would look too dull in another finish? I could definitely do without it.
All of the chrome and metal pieces are infact real chrome metal and aluminum...there is no more fake plastic faux metal trim !!! Many of the Ford interior videos posted on here have explained this by the Ford designers.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Bought my son a new 2015 Mustang today in Ingot Silver........ from Walmart
Sponsored