Sponsored

Koni Yellow Shocks/Struct wheel fitment question

Spensar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT
I am currently running stock base gt suspension. I am wanting to upgrade the shocks / struts to koni yellows for autocrossing (will have to keep the stock spring for F street). My only concern is that I am running 19x10 +40 offset wheels in the front with a 275/35/19 tire and it has about a finger maybe a bit more clearance from the front strut. The koni yellows seem to have a bigger strut which then rubbing would be a huge concern.

Does anyone run this offset / wheel size(10in width) with an aftermarket front strut?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently running stock base gt suspension. I am wanting to upgrade the shocks / struts to koni yellows for autocrossing (will have to keep the stock spring for F street). My only concern is that I am running 19x10 +40 offset wheels in the front with a 275/35/19 tire and it has about a finger maybe a bit more clearance from the front strut. The koni yellows seem to have a bigger strut which then rubbing would be a huge concern.

Does anyone run this offset / wheel size(10in width) with an aftermarket front strut?
you should be fine. I ran Koni yellows for years with a 19x10 ET35 wheel. The konis are basically the same dimension as the stock struts, the IIRC the stock struts might have a small divet at the closest point to the wheel but its not really needed, the factory parts are Just super conservative about clearance.

Look up the procedure for FStreet legal camber mods whe you have the suspension apart. That might require the addition of a 5mm spacer but any camber you can get will help your tautox tire wear and should help fron end grip.

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack

Couple things. First of all fitment with Koni's is not a problem. In fact I have a set on my Mach 1 actually Right now. So no issue there .

Where there is an issue is in running FS with 10-in wide wheels. Not allowed to do that. I mean I don't much care and frankly now that they've moved the Mach 1 and the Camaro SS 1LE down, you might want to take your 10 inch wheels and head toward CAM anyway.

I don't really hang around here very much I'm usually busy at work. But I am back in the Mustang world having one again. Last time I did I pretty much cleaned up everything for 4 years. I don't know if that'll happen this time, but we'll try. I work pretty hard on paying attention to how the cars work, where they need improvement, and thinking about how to go about doing it.

In the past I've made some of my own parts, but even when I don't I have a massive variety of things available including the Koni You asked about. Sway bars brake pads wheels you name it I pretty much have it and from a lot of different sources not just kind of one product here and there.

I've had my Mach 1 since April of 21, probably have more time in one then most anybody else. I realize you don't have one but I've also spent a lot of time in regular s550s as well so I know where the strengths and the weaknesses are and how they compare to each other. So if I can help let me know. But again, FS isn't really legal because of your wheels, and I don't know that you want to be there anyway right now. If you have any questions let me know.

OP
OP
Spensar

Spensar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Couple things. First of all fitment with Koni's is not a problem. In fact I have a set on my Mach 1 actually Right now. So no issue there .

Where there is an issue is in running FS with 10-in wide wheels. Not allowed to do that. I mean I don't much care and frankly now that they've moved the Mach 1 and the Camaro SS 1LE down, you might want to take your 10 inch wheels and head toward CAM anyway.

FS isn't really legal because of your wheels, and I don't know that you want to be there anyway right now. If you have any questions let me know.
Awesome! I was just worried that my current wheels would rub the front strut.

Yeah, I know my wheels are illegal in F street but since im only doing local events for this year, I dont think ill bother getting a 9 in wide wheel setup with 200TW tires yet. Ill feel it out and see if I want to do regional the year after. If so ill fork up the investment to do that so that ill be legal in F street.

In the mean time I was planning on doing the Shocks/struts and the front sway bar to stay in street class. My local cam-c class is heavily modified and I wouldnt stand a chance in that class unless I dump 10-15k into my car which im not really wanting to do atm.
Sponsored