v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the B6 rear shock rods are little over 5mm thicker than the stock pp1 shocks. Just FYI..

762DC1FB-1125-4AA6-94D7-B0EA51C54CC5.jpeg

82529794-2CB7-4183-AF0E-0AD115D26AD8.jpeg
Thanks, that's super helpful. Sop the rods are thicker than stock, but the threaded end that goes through the top mount is the same size as stock, and thus goes through the stock mount. I don't need to go getting some after market or Shelby mounts with larger bearings in them to attach the B6's at the top by the looks of it. Many thanks for your help and the images, they are very useful for helping me make this decision.
Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks, that's super helpful. Sop the rods are thicker than stock, but the threaded end that goes through the top mount is the same size as stock, and thus goes through the stock mount. I don't need to go getting some after market or Shelby mounts with larger bearings in them to attach the B6's at the top by the looks of it. Many thanks for your help and the images, they are very useful for helping me make this decision.
Yes, right! Everything pp1 stock can go with b6. Just use some force while shoving the bump stops. They do show some resistance. Also, cut them at the first mark from the bottom. Plenary of YouTube videos as well on how to use stock bump stocks. I got frpp kit so it came with trimmed (slightly shorter) bump stops.

GT0132

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Hardtop. 2005 BA FPV GT
The Bilstein B6 shocks and rear shock mounts (Steeda, in my case) got rid of the rear bounce. In my opinion, I believe that a quality aftermarket rear shock mount upgrade is vital in order to get rid of the rear bounce by eliminating deflection that the stock rear shock mount‘s rubber bushing allows. So, if swapping out the rear shocks doesn’t give you complete satisfaction, try replacing the rear shock mounts with a quality aftermarket upgrade.
Hi Scott, Thanks for all that info. On teh rear shock mount, I thought Steeda didn't have shock mounts for the B6's, only for Bilstein coilovers. Cheers
Sponsored