Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I took my brand new 2018, which I picked up Saturday night, to the show on Sunday. There were as many Mustangs in the Sears parking lot as the Ford fans poured in as there were in the show itself. Always a great day!
27626124628_73454cf74c_c.jpg

39688700780_d205e02a00_c.jpg

27626125108_7a20eecd47_c.jpg

27626125478_36b73d4087_c.jpg

by Jim Harris, on Flickr

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm guessing it's Imgur pics. v.v Blocked at work.

JeromeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Premium, Performance, Kona, A10
"There were as many Mustangs in the Sears parking lot as the Ford fans poured in as there were in the show itself."

I have been going for some 15 years now. For the past 4-5 years there have been a reduction in car count in the show. There are more and more empty parking spaces in the show while more and more Mustangs are parked outside. Perhaps more folks are like me, enjoy walking the show much more than exhibiting in it.

I look forward to this show every year. I may be one of the few weird ones who actually walk up and down each row checking out the wide range of cars there. My hope is the car count turns around in years to come.

Jerome

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm guessing it's Imgur pics. v.v Blocked at work.

Not just work.....Imgur doesn't support a lot of forums anymore, so they can be seen here :(

Gents, thanks for the photos......lots of gorgeous Mustangs and Fords :love:

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
"There were as many Mustangs in the Sears parking lot as the Ford fans poured in as there were in the show itself."

I have been going for some 15 years now. For the past 4-5 years there have been a reduction in car count in the show. There are more and more empty parking spaces in the show while more and more Mustangs are parked outside. Perhaps more folks are like me, enjoy walking the show much more than exhibiting in it.

I look forward to this show every year. I may be one of the few weird ones who actually walk up and down each row checking out the wide range of cars there. My hope is the car count turns around in years to come.

Jerome
Ditto. I've been going for 20 years and this is the first year I didn't have at least 1 car in the show.

I couldn't believe the number of empty parking spots.

I think part of the problem is they do nothing to market it. After taking at least 1 car for 20ish years you would think I would get at least 1 reminder email or letter when I didn't register...nope.

Also I think being out there on black asphalt for 7 or 8 hours straight on a warm day is miserable. Other shows like cruising for a cure allow ez ups and have tons of shade.

They get upset if they catch you starting your car and throwing a few revs for the crowd....or at least they did in the past.

I think the show is poorly managed from an attendee standpoint. Interesting because 4 or 5 years ago they changed organizers and started letting in all the vendors as well.

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not just work.....Imgur doesn't support a lot of forums anymore, so they can be seen here :(

Gents, thanks for the photos......lots of gorgeous Mustangs and Fords :love:
?? Forgive me for not knowing all the image display processes, but is Imgur the same as Flickr? Are my images not being seen? Mine are hosted on Flickr.

I have to agree that there were a few more spaces empty this year (I've been going for 20 years and have had three cars on display in that time although not this year. The thing that's changed for me is that there's a greater proportion of Mustangs in the show than all other models or specialty cars. The show area around Independence Hall is also a great asset with shade and grass. And I certainly heard many demonstrations of the new variable exhaust and other hot-rodded cars out on the street.

Still the atmosphere and the enthusiasm are as great as ever.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I really enjoyed looking at all the Mustangs pictured. Great pictures. Thanks much.

Sponsored

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for posting these... I'm glad to see the show is still going. The last time I was there was just a few years ago... :p

40625507425_baf448c326_c.jpg

41477654772_12403bbc07_c.jpg

Back then (1992!), nobody really cared about late model cars, except for those of us who owned them. I'm guessing that may have changed a bit these days. As far as participation, things were always that way. I was a member of the OC Mustang Club, and at the time, we had over 500 members, but would be lucky to get 30-40 cars at a show. :shrug:

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the 1992 pics! That's when I had my SVO in the show. I found out about the show through my older brother, who showed his collection of flathead V-8 models as well as his supercharged 1973 Mustang.
I agree that there's not enough advertisement about the show. Next year I'll try to get the word out here.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Thanks for posting these... I'm glad to see the show is still going. The last time I was there was just a few years ago... :p

Back then (1992!), nobody really cared about late model cars, except for those of us who owned them. I'm guessing that may have changed a bit these days. As far as participation, things were always that way. I was a member of the OC Mustang Club, and at the time, we had over 500 members, but would be lucky to get 30-40 cars at a show. :shrug:
Oh man, thanks for sharing these pics! I was about 5 at the time and was probably there. I've been going since I was a kid. :cheers:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! The parking lot across from the show has about 10 times the normal number of Mustangs at just about all the other shows I've been too - Mustang Eye Candy!

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the pic! Im The 18 with the liquid polished bronze p51 wheels. Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate it.
Sponsored