No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Hello,

I have a 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium that was driving fine until yesterday. My son drove my car and came home, I noticed when I was going to pickup my daughter from school the "Engine" light was on. Additionally, the car did not sound nor drive right. There seems to be a hesitation when it idles and has a strange sound to it, I believe coming from the engine. I checked the ECU codes and the following codes were displayed, P0301, P0316, B108E, B1215, and B1446. I cleared the codes the "Engine" light went away with the codes clearing however, it still does not drive or sound normal.

I am worried and not sure what to do as I put way too much money into the car. I read some information online and someone had mentioned something about the spark plus so I ordered new spark plugs from Adam. I am not sure what to check or what to do.

I live in Southeast Michigan, if there is a reputable shop I should take it to, please let me know.

Any information or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
P0301 = cylinder 1 misfire
P0316 = misfires on startup
B108E comes up as entertainment unit stuff
B1215 = electrical issue in general
B1446 = electrical issue in general

I think some of those B codes can come up if you ever pull the battery. Clear the codes and see what comes up

However the P codes suggest spark plug issues. If you're buying the plugs from Adam then literally any mechanic should be able to put them in, in about half an hour.

OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the information. Do you think the engine is OK and by changing the spark plugs will resolve the issue? anything else you suggest such as spark plug wires or coil packs?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Its probably a bad spark plug, if you're taking it to a mechanic they can see if the gap is obviously bad or if there is any other damage to the plug, it could be something else, but take out the simple stuff first.

Our cars are pretty new so coil pack failure isn't common.

Otherwise just take it to a mechanic with the details you have and let them troubleshoot it.

OP
OP

mSTANG_1

No Limit
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sir. Hopefully, that resolves the issue.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
P codes usually relate to the PCM

B codes usually relate to the Body Control Module (there are 2, one at the front under the dash and the other is at the back in the trunk on passenger side behind the trunk liner).

Hate to ask, but was your son “hot rodding” the car while he had it out? Based on your link in your sig, you have a lot of nice mods, including turbo and an Adam Tune.

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
If you end up changing the plugs, it's actually super easy to do yourself FYI.
Sponsored