Sponsored

Keyless entry weird issues

matholland618

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2004 f350 6.0 powerstroke, 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Hey guys! I'm hoping that someone could shed some light on a weird issue that I've been having since I picked this car up. I'll give you a little bit of background that may or may not help.

When I first got the car, I had several codes about lost communication with several different modules. I ended up tracking it down to the smart junction box (which also controls the keyless entry). I got a good used module off of eBay and programmed it up and that got rid of all of my lights on the dash that I had as well as all of those lost communication codes that I had. I expected this to potentially fix my issue with the keyless entry, but it did not.

It is not the keyfob. I purchased a new keyfob, and I programmed it, and both keys do the same exact thing. If I come out of a morning (after the car has been sitting), I can press the trunk release and it works, lock, and it works. However, the moment that I press the unlock button, nothing else will work. I am unable to hit the unlock button the second time, or lock the car.

Similar situation if I get done driving it. I am unable to lock it or unlock it, or pop the trunk with the fob, UNLESS I am sitting in the driver seat and point it at the fuse box.

This is such a weird issue, I have NO idea where to even look. I am going to disable PATS when I get home with HP tuners and see if by a slim chance that changes anything at all. This is on a 2012 Mustang GT Premium.
Sponsored