Sponsored

Just not feeling it

Isac860812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
alright guys. to explain a little more. ive been rear ended four times. for a total of 12,000 dollars In damage. my car was vandalized for a total of 13,500 dollars in damage. there has been a total of 25,000 dollars in damage to this car (bought in March). I cant even enjoy it anymore. every time I am at a red light I am glued to my rearview nervous someone will rear end me again. I park it at night and get nervous someone tried to steal it again or smashed it up every time I walk up to the car. No matter how hard I try to care for it, other people smash it up.
don't get me wrong. I love the car. and Im not bitching about gas mileage. but It just feels like a burden to me at this point.
and to the guys saying "worried about speed but wanting a twin turbo V6".
I have owned an e90 335i (N54 TT Inline 6) that was the most fun I have had in a car. its a different feeling. and I didn't speed in that car nearly as much as I do in this car.
I deff know what you mean, I have a FBO n54 335i, and I love the car, but I wanted something new, and the only reason i didn't go German again was because of all the maintenance they require, I love the new Mustang body style, went to test drive one and I bought a 2016 GT, I've had it for a month but, I still love my 335i way more than the GT, you feel more of connection to the road when driving the 335, the GT just feels huge... BMW interior material is better than the mustang materials. I figure ill keep the Mustang for a year, give it a chance, and if I still haven't fallen in love with it by then ill trade it in for a CTSV. As for your accidents that could have happened in any car, and if you are at an apartment, look for a new place with a garage.
Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
...And ever since my car was broken into it just doesn't feel the same.
Opinions? Thanks guys!
This is something I could understand wanting to get into another one.

Thinking of trading in the car and getting something with twin turbo V6. Maybe I'll just sell it and get a Ducati. Or trade it for a raptor or Sti or something.
Here's where I stand. It's too much car for the everyday trip. I find myself being bored shifting at 2000 RPM trying to save on gas and avoid being ticketed for loud exhaust. When I do get on the gas I'm to the speed limit faster than crap and I always end up going way over. It's gonna bite me in the ass sooner than later.
Most of this is just ridiculous.

You have the Ford Racing Sport Catback. It's not loud enough to where you should be getting harassed.

If you are shifting at 2k to save gas, the Raptor is out of the question.

Ducati/STi/Raptor/Twin Turbo V6... your wants are all over the place.

The car is not too fast. You just need to be responsible to avoid speeding. It's a Mustang, not a Bugatti. Very manageable car to drive responsibly.

Here's my take...

The car getting broke into would be rough! ROUGH!

But to get rid of the car for the reasons you stated is a bit nuts.

I'd suggest spend a bit of wrench time with the car and fall in love again.

Something like some sway bars would be a great way to spend the day with the car and will be a nice reward at the end.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
well, on a plus side. I got the badges that I ordered months ago. waiting on a carbon decklid panel to arrive and then I can add something to the car to personalize it more.
Guess I should have read the whole thread first, but this is exactly what you need to get out of the funk.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
rear ended 4 times? I think I remember seeing your post/thread somewhere before now! That makes more sense now. You probably have had some of the worst luck out there. I'm sorry to hear that and I can't even to begin to imagine being in your shoes.

Best of luck to whatever you end up doing!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
+1 . . .Weird post . . . .
Hope you don't have a woman in your life, I'd hate to see what you do with her after a year ???

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
maybe Kats right. ill come to the next cruise and get involved and see how that feels.
Definitely, get involved, see what the guys you met at Lake Elsinore have been doing with their rides to get some inspiration! There is a bunch of us that has met up a few times now; it's really cool getting to know each other. And there are always new friends to make joining in. We have some sweet older model stangs in the mix now as well. :cool:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I'd suggest spend a bit of wrench time with the car and fall in love again.
Agreed 110%.

Greatest feeling in the world during times like this. Yeah maybe the wallet won't like it but you already bought it so might as well enjoy it.

Yeah cruise some more with like minded people. I need to do more of that as well... :ninja:

Hang in there man!

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Now the twin turbo is superior in almost every way and I'm pretty vocal about this but I'd keep the GT. You'd lose too much on the trade.

Also You have a FR Sports? They're not even loud...

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
meh, ford racing sports can be pretty freaking loud when your floored getting onto the highway or cold starting in a garage.

and nick,( @projectwhitemare ) i agree. ill see what i can do to reignite the spark.
and to whoever said something about a chick at a year, been married three years now. love it. and her.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Interesting post to say the least Personally I wouldn't trade it or sell it.
Sponsored