Sponsored

Just not feeling it

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of trading in the car and getting something with twin turbo V6. Maybe I'll just sell it and get a Ducati. Or trade it for a raptor or Sti or something.
Here's where I stand. It's too much car for the everyday trip. I find myself being bored shifting at 2000 RPM trying to save on gas and avoid being ticketed for loud exhaust. When I do get on the gas I'm to the speed limit faster than crap and I always end up going way over. It's gonna bite me in the ass sooner than later. And ever since my car was broken into it just doesn't feel the same.
Opinions? Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't like your post. You threw down thousands for a car and didn't think long term? Realistically I guess you could trade down to a ecoboost.

Probably cheaper to get a Touring exhaust, swap out to 3.15s for your gas mileage and still have money left over vs trading in.

All of your options besides a motorcycle (which are loud as fuck, quick shifting and you'll hit the speed limit even faster) will put you under water with your trade. Unless you have oodles of cash I would work on correcting your mistake little by little vs trying to get rid of it

EDIT: as for what happened to your car, idk how I would feel. So I'm not going to speculate but I would be in your same situation most likely. But I couldn't trade in :/

Last edited:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Weirdest post I've ever read....it's too fast so your looking at something faster? but quieter so you speed easier because you don't know your speeding? change the exhaust and just enjoy it?

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang

Sponsored

coolcamden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT. Black. CS. 6A. 401A
Get a bicycle. It's really quiet and will save you tons of gas. Won't go too fast to get you in trouble either.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I'm also confused with your post, you bought a "GT" knowing (or at least assuming) gas would not be very good at all.

Like someone mentioned earlier, go with the Ford touring or if you really want quiet go back to stock.

worried about speed, but considering a twin turbo v6?:shrug:

Either way, if you are not happy with the car. You need to make the change, but you also need to consider you are going to take a major hit on the trade in or on the sell.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
you're hot and you're cold.. you're yes then you're no.. you're in then you're out.. you're up then you're down...

Bmw M4 bruh

or GTR

know that feel of it not being new, youre cars been through it

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Get out more Tyler, come cruising with us. Remember how much fun it was in Lake Elsinore?
Maybe then you will enjoy your car again :cheers:

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alright guys. to explain a little more. ive been rear ended four times. for a total of 12,000 dollars In damage. my car was vandalized for a total of 13,500 dollars in damage. there has been a total of 25,000 dollars in damage to this car (bought in March). I cant even enjoy it anymore. every time I am at a red light I am glued to my rearview nervous someone will rear end me again. I park it at night and get nervous someone tried to steal it again or smashed it up every time I walk up to the car. No matter how hard I try to care for it, other people smash it up.
don't get me wrong. I love the car. and Im not bitching about gas mileage. but It just feels like a burden to me at this point.
and to the guys saying "worried about speed but wanting a twin turbo V6".
I have owned an e90 335i (N54 TT Inline 6) that was the most fun I have had in a car. its a different feeling. and I didn't speed in that car nearly as much as I do in this car.

Sponsored
OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, on a plus side. I got the badges that I ordered months ago. waiting on a carbon decklid panel to arrive and then I can add something to the car to personalize it more.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You dont think someone can rear end the next car or break into it? Obviously it can happen with the next car too. That feeling wont disappear with a different car. Youll be equally as worried. Rightfully so you been hit a lot lately and broke into. As far as the car being wrecked so much i can understand not wanting it for that reason. Other then that i dont agree your logic to get rid of it because youre paranoid.

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You dont think someone can rear end the next car or break into it? Obviously it can happen with the next car too. That feeling wont disappear with a different car. Youll be equally as worried. Rightfully so you been hit a lot lately and broke into. As far as the car being wrecked so much i can understand not wanting it for that reason. Other then that i dont agree your logic to get rid of it because youre paranoid.
I know it can. its happened to me before. but its a different feeling when all this happens within 8 months of buying a new car. the paranoia aspect just makes it not fun to drive anymore.
maybe Kats right. ill come to the next cruise and get involved and see how that feels.

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sounds like you miss having a luxury car. For that same reason is why I daily an f80 m3. However I have to say the newer F gen cars don't feel quite like the e9x but still decently nice
Sponsored