Sponsored

Just a General Thought

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
As I was washing my Stang today, I was thinking to myself how gorgeous the car is just the way it is.

It's just a Base GT with the Black Appearance Package but I think it looks great as is.

Sure, I have been considering doing many mods. I could make the car lower, add better performance through suspension upgrades, engine upgrades, exhaust upgrades, etc.

I already got it tinted and added LED lighting in the footwells, added a Sto N Sho Adapter, have vanity plates on order and even have the GT350 steering wheel on order.

But the car has all the basics covered, it's got a decent exhaust note, the wheels are 19" and aren't half bad (not as wide as some of course), could be lower but the stance it not all that bad either and of course the engine is there.

I guess what I am saying is even as the Base GT, it's an amazing car. Ford did such wonders with this generation, it's a beauty.

Of course, things just get better as you move on up with more options and upgrades.

Sorry, just rambling on about how beautiful these cars are.

Posting a pic of her just after washing up.

Thnx.

Jay
20151227_163928.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

bocho13.mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
As I was washing my Stang today, I was thinking to myself how gorgeous the car is just the way it is.

It's just a Base GT with the Black Appearance Package but I think it looks great as is.

Sure, I have been considering doing many mods. I could make the car lower, add better performance through suspension upgrades, engine upgrades, exhaust upgrades, etc.

I already got it tinted and added LED lighting in the footwells, added a Sto N Sho Adapter, have vanity plates on order and even have the GT350 steering wheel on order.

But the car has all the basics covered, it's got a decent exhaust note, the wheels are 19" and aren't half bad (not as wide as some of course), could be lower but the stance it not all that bad either and of course the engine is there.

I guess what I am saying is even as the Base GT, it's an amazing car. Ford did such wonders with this generation, it's a beauty.

Of course, things just get better as you move on up with more options and upgrades.

Thnx.

Jay
I washed mine today too! Yes these new mustangs are just freaken amazing!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yep she's a beauty but too quiet in stock form. If i could only pick one mod it would be a nice sounding exhaust to go with it's good looks.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I don't understand the need to apologize for your car being just a base, or just a V6, or God forbid, only a four cylinder. Yea most members here have a GT premium with the PP and every option available. But is your car any less a Mustang because it doesn't have a 1000 watt sound system or pony puddle lights? If anyone needs to be sorry it's the guy who got the base wheels on the V6...those things are hideous. EDIT: OP my post is not specifically directed at you, it's just the general vibe here. "If it ain't xxxx, it aint a Mustang"

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Out of all the modern muscle cars, the Mustang looks by far the best. Seriously, what a great time for cars! We are lucky to have some fierce competition between all the different manufacturers.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Yes, it's true that everyone loves a " great looking body", but what I'm very impressed with is the IRS on these new Mustangs...my 2015 is "light years" ahead of my previous 2013.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
No one needs to defend your 'base' Mustang! It comes loaded with tons of extras from the factory.

This is a nationwide forum and there are all manner of enthusiast Mustang owner posting and showing off their loved ride. Some guys sink a fortune of upgrades and accessories into their cars while others enjoy the factory stock ride.

It is ALL GOOD. Enjoy your Mustang and be proud!

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
When I got my car home I swore that it was perfect as is, and honestly it's damn near close. But as time goes on you kind of get used to the look, I'm not degrading the car in any way that's just a natural tendency. But you will start to be bothered by the wheel gap and basically the mod bug will bite it's inevitable haha. My plans are only to drop the car and add spacers and basic cosmetic mods, and an exhaust on the performance side and call it a day.

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Jay, your car is gorgeous and you should be proud of it! The looks of the 6G drew me in even though I've been a Camaro guy all my life. The looks of the new Camaros just don't do it for me and I've never even bothered to test drive one.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yep..there's basically no 'must have' cosmetic mods to improve the look (besides the obvious wheels). It's already about as good as it can get from Ford. The only thing I'd get is a decklid back with no emblem on it (guess the FRPP one is like that).

Unlike the SN95 where, in order to look halfway decent it needed...mach 1 chin spoiler, mach 1 grill delete, bullitt side scoops, mach 1 C pillars, 99/01 03-04 cobra front bumper, cobra rear bumper w/o letters, smoked clear corner headlights, cobra mirrors, cobra side skirts, etc etc....

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thnx.

Jay
I actually really like those wheels. I wish they were wider (9"+), though.

Also [MENTION=19750]Ashiq73[/MENTION], do yourself a favor and do a resonator delete X or H pipe. It adds just a nice little increase in exhaust volume to where you can actually hear it in the cabin (you can't when the car is stock, it's all engine induction noise though the firewall and sound tube). No added volume while cruising around, and is mild on cold starts. The car is a lot more enjoyable with a little exhaust noise :cool:. Once you've done that, you can also cap off the sound tube very cheaply and easily for a sharper throttle response and cleaner overall tone (see here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=908110&postcount=4).

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
NOoooo!!~Always wash in one direction ESPECIALLY on a black car
I never get why. People say you are supposed to wash length wise and I don't think it matters just simply you can reach places better washing length wise.
Sponsored